1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

SOUTH CAROLINA SHOW WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by scandler, Mar 13, 2011.

1. scandler

scandler New Member

want to say thanks to EVERYONE that came to the show this weekend. thanks to our judges, Don and Jessica Stevens , Randy Life . A BIG thanks to Bridgid Donahue with " MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION" for the slide presentation . Also to all the guys and gals that came from north carolina and georgia ( if you were from another state and i didnt meet you please let me know because we would like to acknowledge your contribution to SCAT). The show had to be one of the best in a while , the art work was great , a TON OF TALLENT WAS HERE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! if anyone had pictures and dont mind posting them, it would be appreciated! THANKS AGAIN TO ALL

2. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Re: SOUTH CAROLINA SHOW WAS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree I had a great time. I really enjoy going to The SC Show and hope some of you can make it to the NC show this year!!! This was my second year at SC and I plan on it becoming a yearly trip for me!!!!

3. scandler

scandler New Member

TUGGY, THAT WAS A AWSOME HOG YOU BROUGHT DOWN THIS YEAR! CONGRATS ON THE 5 OR 6 AWARDS YOU WON ON IT! talked to my wife when i got home last night and told her what a great time we had and side we were going to plan on coming to the august show if dates permit. ;) ;)what show would be better : surry or nc show ?

4. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    Re: SOUTH CAROLINA SHOW WAS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NC show is more fun and after hours i'd have to say, Surry if you are needing to see more suppliers.
    After hours is total riot at August show, with Surry being close second. Surry people are spread out over several motels.

5. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    part of NC gang eating super in parking lot. After paying high gas prices we stayed away from restaurants.
    [​IMG]

6. scandler

scandler New Member

if anyone has pictures of the show please post so everyone can see what was brought to the show and who all won awards, thanks

7. nate

nate Active Member

That looks like an awsome time!! Cant wait for it to be warm enough to do that in minnesota!!

8. mcbess

mcbess New Member

That was not because of gas prices. It was just your basic redneck formal dinner.Menu; Deer bacon burger and beer.A good time was had by all.

9. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Where are the rest of the pictures!?!?! Sounds like a great time

10. james shipman

james shipman New Member

Thanks to all who came and congrats to all that competed. Special thanks to NC and GA participants we would be in bad shape finacially without your support.

11. Southland Taxidermy

Southland Taxidermy Join your State and National Taxidermy Association

We also had some from Fla. as well so the thanks also is extended to them

12. margip

margip Member

Definitely a great time. This was only my fourth time to attend a SCAT show but I can honestly say that each one has gotten better. Great competition, seminars, food, and friendship. What else could you hope for? Already looking forward to next year. Special thanks to Don and Jessica , Randy Life, and Chris Barnhardt for the judging and seminars. Also enjoyed the presentation from USSA and am looking forward to doing some mounts for kids from the Make A Wish Foundation. That slide show really hit home for me and helped me realize just how blessed I am as a father and a taxidermist. Can't wait to see everyone again and have another great show.

13. stuffr2

stuffr2 Member

That is some good stuff, but the beer made me really full and the bacon burger gave me a headache the next morning!!! ;D ;D ;D GOOD TIMES!!

14. pberry

pberry Member

ok at least i now know where my headache came from, i thought it was from the pine cones we burned, the grounds people at the holiday inn will not have much to do this week, don't think there is a pine cone left within 100 yards of the burn site!!!! it was great nevertheless !!! i had a ball !!

15. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    Paul it was nice of you to guard the fire all night, so it didn't get out of control. Rumor is you sat in van all night making sure it was burnt out

16. Kittrell Hill

Thats not a rumor ;D

17. Eric N

Eric N New Member

Paul has politely asked that we not talk about the van anymore. Bwaa haa haa! Like thats going to happen. Might be the makings of a song, whatcha think Tanner

18. pberry

pberry Member

Eric, i hope that you and tuggie can harmonize real well, cause can he not only DRAG the awards but he can sang too !!!

19. Kittrell Hill

Warming up my voice as I type this ;) You know when I run up to Chris's I am pretty sure Tanner will be there for a little practice run ;D I won't tell them everything you told me about :eek: LOL

20. I had a blast at the show! It was nice making some new friends and seeing a lot of old ones. Congrats to all the competitors and to TUGGY for the great hog. Also P. Berry , how are those scratches on the back of your ears doing? LOL!