1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail Deer, Brisket

Discussion in 'Deer & Gamehead Photos' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Summer Georgia whitetail deer (June) brisket hair patterns, front view.

[​IMG]

2. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

When Ken first posted this photo, I immediately noticed the atrophied fore arm muscles and the fat deposit over the sternum. That's usually the give away of a penned deer, even if you don't see chain link in the background. So, that prompted me to dig out another shot that shows the brisket.

I did get some actual measurements off of this deer. These measurements are from the area where the plywood goes, O.K.?

From withers to sternum, he was only 14", from side to side 12 3/4". Now these are heart girth area measurements. If you're in to such things, use pi x D.
    3.142 x 14 = 43.988
    3.142 x 12 3/4" = 40.0605
    43.988 + 40.0605 = 84.0485 long divide by 2 = 42.02425, which is right close to what I was able to get for a measurement with a cloth tape. What's this prove? I dunno. I just thought it was interesting,

Any ways, I was thinking that maybe some of you guys should take some photos of some fair chase whitetail briskets and add them to this thread.

3. pooh_28

pooh_28 New Member

Great brisket detail those are great reference.