1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

AIRBRUSH MAINTENANCE Seminars

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Pescado, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,257659.0.html

I know I posted this once, but it is worth repeating. I also welcome any suggestions / ideas for addional airbrush related things to cover during the seminars.

Paul B

2. I am sure you will cover using the right paint, but, can you discuss the process of keeping the brush providing good "detail" while in use. By that I mean keeping the brush spraying small detail lines or spots for a duration. I would be interested in that. I seem to need to stop frequently and clean the needle tip and brush regulator. I just keep a small cleaning brush at hand. Maybe you have some tips for longer "Duration".

3. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

What you showed us at the IL show was an awesome help- it convinced my husband, who has been stalling on letting me get a new one, get one on the spot! Thanks so much!

4. I would love to see it but no way able to make it to the show. I would be awesome if someone posted a video after.

Cheers.

5. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

The amount of airflow is a very important part of keeping the paint flowing without tip drying. Too much air makes the paint dry much faster. Also a problem is stopping and starting, once your rolling do not stop as that will cause problems too. Retarder is always an option, but I have yet to resort to that in several hours of detailing, mostly with white paint, in my booths this year.

PB

6. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Ditto to the video part