1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

SEA TURTLE SHELL

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by F, Mar 15, 2011.

1. F

F Member

I have a old sea turtle shell. Is it illegal sell in US?

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      66.9 KB
      Views:
  2. bubba z

bubba z New Member

It depends on how old it is. I know they are illegal nowadays to bring back
    To the USA. What year was it taken. It looks like a green sea turtle shell possibly. I Had a couple gave to me in the Bahamas fishing in the abacos but I had to leave them down there at my buddies place

3. csandzen

csandzen New Member

I would be interested

4. Interested in what? Another sting operation? Nice ::)

5. bubba z

bubba z New Member

He's interested in seeing if it is legal or not so they can write you a ticket over it . Funny how they Are always a new member interested in it.

6. It is a Hawksbill Turtle. Illegal.

Dan

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

nothing for nothing but damn near everything you sell on here is either protected or needs serious paper trails. i wouldnt touch your pieces with a 10 foot pole!!!!!!!!!no offense but i bet you got people watching you like a sob!!!!!!!!

8. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Yes it is illegal. Even if it is pre act you i doubt will be able to produce sufficient documentation to fend off criminal charges.

9. he is ALL OVER ebay. the many lions he purchased here a few months ago for $50 a piece and wouldn't share with others? all sold on ebay one by one for hundreds of dollars. then he buys things like dried parrot fish off ebay and tries selling them here for a profit. i wouldn't buy from him just based on his buying and reselling habits. he's not really a collector and most things he has for sell can be found for cheaper than his prices on other sites where he bought from initially.

10. sa_shark2000

sa_shark2000 New Member

hello do you have one for sale????

11. Buy a reproduction and be happy.