1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Flexible Plastic Deer Eyes

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by KJH, Mar 15, 2011.

1. KJH

KJH New Member

I need to find a source for these in order to finish a really unique mount. Does anyone know of a resource for them? Thanks

2. rbt

rbt What do you think he will score?

check out ohio taxidermy supply.

3. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

just curious, why do you want to use those eyes?

4. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I have never seen flexible deer eyes. The ones from Ohio Taxidermy Supply are not flexible

5. KJH

KJH New Member

One of the heads I took in has a 4" antler growing out of the top of its left eye socket. I have to cut down the eye and bring the skull cap down in order for the hide to fit correctly. Glass eyes just won't work. Thanks for the feedback.

6. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

in that case the Ohio eyes may work

7. KJH

KJH New Member

Thanks Brian. I have an Ohio order guide. I'll give them a call to discuss.

8. just wondering, Why not just cut out the form more and set the eye down in the socket. was the entire eyeball there and just pushed down by the antler?

9. KJH

KJH New Member

Matt....thought about that and may still do it, The thing is, being a beginner, I question absolutely everything because of the importance of this first group of heads. I don't know if I'm making the right decisions or not, so i like having options.
    I appreciate the suggestion though...Thanks

10. either chase or mc kinize has the flex eyes mark c

11. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 Member

http://www.ohiotaxidermysupply.com/the-original-trueyes.html

I've only been useing OHIO Taxidermy for about 6 months now. But they have been great . Awesome bunch to deal with

12. KJH

KJH New Member

Hey Dawg,,,Thanks for the tip

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Odd situations like that one, the skull should have been kept to study at the time of mounting. Once in a while, an odd one will come along, and I take several photos to have on hand. Like an odd antler set such as this.