1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Garden Pet

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by taxidermycollector, Mar 17, 2011.

1. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

He comes in everyday for grain. Nearly able to hand feed him. Kids love him. We'll be eating him next week LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Not sure how long he'll stay around.

Attached Files:

2. BEAUTIFUL !!!!

3. SteveP

SteveP New Member

That's cool how you got him so tame. Nice reference pic!

4. Some of the birds they release around here are like that. I don't know if it is the birds the PGC is letting out or if people have released them on their own. I never tried to get close enough to hand feed one though, but almost caught some quail with just a hand net when I was younger.
    That is a beautiful bird, and good reference, I'd be trying to get as much reference as possible before he hit the table.

5. gadwig

gadwig New Member

OK, this may seem weird to some (people from warm weather states in particular) but the first thing I thought of when I saw that ditch peacock was "WOW, look at that green grass" We have lots of pheasants in South Dakota but we still have 8 ft of snow (Sick and tired of white)

6. The daffodils are blooming too, lol. We don't have snow anymore, but the grass isn't greening up yet and the daffodils are only up about 2-3 inches. Knock on wood, snow isn't out of the question here yet, but I don't think we will be looking at 8 ft if we do get any.

7. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

;D TC , is in england 8) thats a nice english pheasant ;D
    ooohh yeah the grass is always green over here 8) because it rain's :'( ??? ??? ALOT ;D ;D ;)

8. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

In answer the question of tameness, it just takes a little time and paitence. I have a Robin and Blackbird with a similar tameness. They really only want the food, certainly not the company, mine that is. He was around 8 inches from the camera, at the time of the shot.

Hope is stays, but they tend not too, once the ladies are around and it is that time of year ;) ;) ;)

9. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

lee tee's that is a chinese ringneck pheasant......

10. lee tees valley

::) ::) ::) this we know ::) but if it could speak :eek: it would have an english accent ;D ;D ;D :D :D :'(

11. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

he he just like the "europeon" starlings we have over in the us with the redneck accent

12. lee tees valley

;D ;D hey boooy bet that there garbage is some dam gooood eatin ;D ;D ;)

13. That is cool, I think I would try to get him pinned and keep him for a pet

14. jevic035

jevic035 Member

that a great photo .... thank you for sharing