1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Change of Bylaws

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by JennR, Mar 23, 2007.

1. JennR

JennR New Member

George or anyone else who might know. How does one go about changeing the bylaws. What are the steps and who gets to say if it can be changes or who gets to vote?

2. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Jenn,

What bylaws are you refering in to?

3. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

I would have answered but I am not the most political. I hated her question to go for so long without an answer. I would assume that it would have to go in front of the board and be approved and then actually done. But the way the current board works if they approve it they will wait until they can change their minds. OBTW, that is a violation of the bylaws, to not act upon something of that nature.

4. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Jenn, as far as the NTA goes a motion to change Bylaws must be given to board members at least thirty days in advance of a vote at a regular meeting. Than it requires 2/3 of the vote to approve the change.

5. Ed Hawkins

Ed Hawkins New Member

Do you think we could get 2/3 of the BOD to vote in term limits! Hummmm..... ;)

6. EX-NTA

EX-NTA New Member

That's a great idea, but as long as there is no limit to the term of the ED, it won't likely matter.

7. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

There are term limits of sorts now. A person can serve for two consecutive terms on the board. Than he or she must either step down or run for office. When their time is up , they must sit out for at least one year. The problem is as long as there are board members who's sole existence is to protect the status quo, and a president that is a kin to Nero fiddling as Rome burned. Nothing will change. Ethics violations complaints have been filed. The board members need to know that the members will not tolerate them sweeping these violations under the rug. Call all of us and tell us what you want. Tell us how you want us to vote. You are the members. It's your NTA. TAKE IT BACK I have promissed if elected I will listen to the members.