1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Easy to make life-size mounting stand

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by LeisTaxidermy, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Just thought I'd share an easy way to make a life-size mounting stand. Using your regular deer head mounting stand and a collapsible saw horse. Works pretty good for those of us who don't do a lot of life-size mounts.

Attached Files:

2. .

Attached Files:

3. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Hey, that's a pretty good idea. Thanks for sharing.

4. I don't do many lifesize but that is a great idea. The last one I did I took one of my big McKenzie boxes and notched out the top sides of the box to make a cradle. It was a little flimsy. ;D

Bruce

5. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Great idea and I would like to see more. I was about to order one the other day and decided I could probably make one to suite my needs better then the one in the catalogs. So if you have any other cool ideas fire away.
    Ralph

6. I made mine out of 2x4's and 1x4's. The main structure or X's were the 2 by's and the 1 by's connected the two structures or x's. Only took a 10 foot 2 by and about 16 feet of 1 by's. That is a cheap cradle right there most if not all have a saw horse layin around.

7. For someone who is only going to have a small school-provided studio this summer to start mounting, these stand suggestions are REALLY helpful! We even have a wood shop (and I have the skills to actually make a wooden structure)... thanks for sharing, all!

8. jorgy

jorgy Member

[​IMG]

You can build these in a few minutes

9. cwt

cwt Active Member

very clever.