1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Air" Mounts....

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Justin P., Mar 20, 2011.

1. snowhare

snowhare New Member

J

Man ya nailed this piece , i love it

Snowy

2. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

Looks better in person then the pics show very nice work Justin

3. SD Cowgirl

SD Cowgirl New Member

Amazing mount!

4. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

great work!

5. Very nice mount

6. that is a very nice work of art justin. ive been to your site and your work is superior to alot of others ive seen. i would also be interested in attending a workshop possibly sometime soon and would like to get sum info on subjects cost and dates. you can pm me if you have sum info.

7. redog76

redog76 New Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

8. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Your pics from the photographer turned out great, mine look like crap! I am pretty upset about them. Congrats justin

9. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Thanks for all the compliments! You are all too kind.

Dennis is obviously a big influence for a piece like this. I love his get it done attitude toward taxidermy. Animal Artistry is another amazing group of inspiring artists. Ken Walker. Jan Van Hoesen, Jean Roll, too many to mention. Many others on this site as well.
    I started with Steve Pieters and through him was introduced to Randy Desarmeau, Bill Brandenburg. Also worked for Roland Dourlain and Kevin Eaves. Your biggest teacher will always be yourself. You simply have to have an insatiable appetite for this art to excel at it. Hell I'd love to play the guitar like Clapton but not interested enough. Invest in yourself and don't be afraid to take chances. You get out of it what you put into it.
    Thanks again EVERYONE!

10. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I'm getting the project photographed again on Monday by my guy. The show pics did turn out good though. They just weren't touched up at all. Just photographed and thrown on a disc. But for $20 who's complaining??? ;-) I wanted pics in case I crashed the trailer and the mounts got destroyed. Got have those pics for the portfolio!
    Nice meeting you this weekend and so many others!

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

Outstanding work Justin! Congrats on a job very well done!

12. maxman

maxman Active Member

Really nice !!!!

13. Awesome mount
    Great cat
    Congrats on the awards

14. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    That's a really nice mount!!!! Awesome work and congratulations on winning the awards :) Are you going to the World Show this year? It would be cool to get to meet you, lol!

15. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

No world show for me...not yet.

16. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Love it.

17. I have to agree with Jeremy it looks more impressive in person. Great job Justin P and you certainly have the talent to go and compete at the world level.

Curtis

18. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Great job! Congradulations

19. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

I actually LIKE this one- it has ANATOMY included in the "air"..... WELL DONE!....

20. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Thanks gang!

Also, big shout out to Manny Chavez. This is my second year competing and he judged my wolf / wolverine mount last year. I saved those critique sheets he filled out. I addressed all of the issues he pointed out and what a difference! Thanks Manny!