1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Polytranspar Liqua Cast problem

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by AndyO, Sep 27, 2006.

1. I have some Liqua Cast that is probably six months old. Used it this morning to cast a duck head and had major air bubbles. Its like this stuff kicked off really hard with a lot of air bubbles and pretty good expansion. My mold was made with Smooth-On PMC-744. I use Synlube 531 as a release. Does this sound like a moisture problem?

Note: I made a bondo/resin cast and it came out fine. Now I know my mold is good.

2. John Cr

John Cr Guest

Soundslike to much 531, it does not take much a very very light mist.

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

I've used their product before with no problem. It may be due to your mixing and getting some bubbles in it. That is usually the main culprit in getting air bubbles. Also if it's kicking to fast for you, place it in the fridge for about an hour. This cools the plastic down and will give it a slower set.

4. Sounds like a moister contamination problem. Remove the lid on the container only when pouring and be conscious of the humidity in the room. Most supplier sell a gas spray that will keep the humidity out. If I pour up to much product and leave the room for 30 minutes, it will get contaminated and I have to throw it away. Good Luck

5. Frank, Liqua Cast kicks and sets in like five minutes. Are you saying to put the mold in the fridge to cool it?

I'm going to try another pour without the release. If that doesn't work I'll probably just toss it. Thanks for the replies.

6. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

No place the liquid in the fridge for a while. Sorry for a late answer.