1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One on One Bird Training with Scott Olson

Discussion in 'Training' started by scpol, Mar 22, 2011.

1. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

I have decided to now offer One on One Bird Training in my Studio in Wonder Lake, Illinois.....These Seminars will be geared toward the Beginner to Novice Bird Taxidermist. The classes will be tailored toward your experience..This is a full time studio, with everything you need to learn how to turn out a high quality Commercial quality bird mount..There is lodging 10 minutes from the shop, and the Milwaukee Airport within an hour..Classes will be based on using commercial bodies and heads...We can go as many days as you would like..The price for these One on One Seminars will be $250.00 per day...I teach all the techniques i know, not just my way..From basic anatomy, to a finished mount, ready for your client..All supplies for the classes are supplied, and I'm a pretty good cook also...If your a beginner, or a taxidermist that just can't seem to mount ducks, give me a call at 815-728-7097 to talk about setting a class up...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is one of my recent students birds...
    [​IMG]

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Good decision Scott. I'm sure anyone who takes your class will learn a TON!

3. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

I have to say, I have had Scott do some whole sale work for me in the past and he is the man... I say with confidence that if you were to go spend some time with Scott and let him fill your brain with his bird knowledge you will likely double your bird production back at your own shop. I have never personally dealt with a more stand up guy that does exactly what he tells you he is going to do. EVER.

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Scott is a good egg for sure. His girlfriends tell me he is a lousy lover, but that's besides the point. Should be a good class.

5. Ruttin Bull

Ruttin Bull New Member

How many days would you recommend for a beginner to take on birds, i have gamehead experience

6. scpol

The last student i just had hasent mounted a bird in 15 years..We started from scratch, and did 4 birds start to finish in 3 days..I would say 1 day for skinning and anatomy, Then into mounting..I think in 3 days, i could have you putting together a nice bird..Keep in mind though, some folks learn faster than others..

7. bucksnort25

bucksnort25 New Member

Scott,

Do you teach turkeys?? If so, how many days would you recommend?

8. scpol

Sorry..I would rather stick with waterfowl..There are much better guys out there for turkeys than myself....

9. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Sounds like a good deal Scott.

Anyone who wants to learn how to do birds the right way should be signing up for this course. Scott is a quality minded taxidermists with a lot of experience.

10. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

Scott is a great, standup dude, even tho he kisses funny. wish i could go to the training, but we don't have any waterfowl close to us here.

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

:eek: Now I'm nervous. :D

12. scpol

Yea..Me to.,. ::) ::)

13. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Ever Been to Alaska Scott? ;) Bears will be awakening soon.. ;)

Hoytman

14. scpol

HuntinJustin in the shop for a 2 day bird seminar...
    [​IMG]

15. huntin_justin

huntin_justin Active Member

I just got done spending a couple of days with Scott for one of his bird seminars and it was great. Scott tought me his methods as well as the other methods of doing birds and I left with a lot of knowledge and feelling very comfortable to go home and mount my birds just as well as i did in his class. I highly reccoment this class to anyone that wants to learn birds or even needs a refresher in bird taxidermy. Plus he is a great cook and your sure to have a great time.

16. scpol

Thank You Justin..You were a great student, and did some great work..I had a great time...Justin had never mounted a bird before he came to the shop...We had a beginner marathon, and got 4 birds done in 2 days...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cypresslake

cypresslake Jude Bordelon Cypresslake Taxidermy

Man I wish I could afford the plane ticket there I would be there rite away, just to learn not for the kisses lol

18. Redneck Express

Redneck Express New Member

mn
    who supplied the blue ribbon??

19. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

looks like ya'all had duck for dinner. LOL

kirby

20. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Now that there is some serious red necking, eating dinner in the shop and drinking Pabst blue ribbon. Gotta love it