1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One on One Bird Training with Scott Olson

Discussion in 'Training' started by scpol, Mar 22, 2011.

1. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Just finished up a 6 day seminar with Mike Dryden from S. Carolina..Mike did 11 birds in 6 days....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

that's awesome fun looking learning

kirby

3. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I will be there in July, can't wait!!!

4. Mr. Olson,

I'm very interested in you class. Seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. One question, would we have to provide our own specimens or are they included in the price of the class?

Clyde

5. scpol

Good morning Clyde..Yes, you have to provide the birds...Everything else will be provided by me. Eyes, bodies, heads, wood, ect....And food..lol.. ;D

6. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    What about the Crown Royal is that provided if so I might have to make a trip out there.

7. scpol

I'll take care of ya..lol... ;D

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I saw Scott's bird work first hand a couple of weeks ago. I expected to see some descent Taxidermy, but what I actually saw blew me away!! The man is DAMN GOOD!! If you are looking to learn from a man WHO CAN TEACH then you owe it to yourself!

I promise after Scotts class you WILL raise your prices because you will be worth it. Now look at it this way, 3 birds pays for 3 days!

9. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

So Scott, when are ya coming south ;D

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

And East? ::)

11. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    And out west.

12. I had a blast at Scott's . Iwas there for 6 days and he worked my @$$ off , but we got 11 ducks mounted in that time . The information you will get with Scott is invaluable . He teaches several different ways to mount ducks and alot of anatomy. I had a great time and would recommend scott to anyone wanting to learn more about bird mounting .

Mike

13. scpol

Looking forward to having Backcountry Chad in the shop next week...

14. ra8point

ra8point Member

Just complete my second class from Scott last night or should I say more like in the early morning hours. Learning way to much. My head is starting to hurt. Started off with little knowledge about ducks and now have a good knowledge and understanding of anatomy and symmetry. This class is more than just skinning, sewing and attaching a bird to a piece of driftwood. You'll learn things that you will be able to use for years down the road in addition to mounting your birds. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to perfect the piercing your hand with 12 guage wire yet. Scott says you must achieve this task before you can consider your self a duck man. That did look painful!
    RA

15. scpol

Thank You Rick..Looking forward to seeing you again Friday...PS>>>>>Bring more beer this time....
    We just finished up a 3 day seminar with BackCountry Chad from the great state of Arkansas..Chad was a great student, and MORE than willing to learn...Chad has never mounted a bird before..He's one of those deer guys...lol...Chad brought 5 ducks with him for a first timer...2 of them were Wood Ducks, and a Green Wing Teal...Oh Gawd...Chads a young guy, and had my ass up till midnight mounting ducks....I need a day off now...Anyways, Here's Chads duck he mounted here..Keep in mind now, This is hands on here...This is Chads work, not mine...Hands on is the only way to learn in my feelings..I helped him on the Mallard..The other ducks are his # 1, 2, 3, and 4 th duck he has done...I am very happy with what he turned out..Hope you enjoy his pictures...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. backcountrychad

I had a blast!! Scott is an excellent host, not to mention one of the nicest people I've ever meet. What you see is what you get!! Just an A+ person. I learned a ton. Being a mammal guy, I struggled with bird anatomy and feather patterns a bit, but that will come with time and practice. If you want to learn ducks, I would highly recommend taking a few days and going to Scott's place. I don't think you can beat one on one training like Scott's. If anyone has any questions, just PM me and I will answer your questions.

17. DROPPINEM

DROPPINEM New Member

I sure wish you were closer.I just cant quite seem to "get" the birds.I am getting really frustrated because fish and mammals have come to me pretty good.Good luck with your classes.

18. scpol

Thank you sir....There are a lot of good guys around the country..You should be able to find someone close to you..That, or we do have an airport... ;D

19. scpol

Hi Stud...Just wanted to let you know how great my birds are coming along after taking your class....I'll send pictures when their done...Thanks again, Mark

20. backcountrychad

LOL!! Talk about Funny!!