1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Opinions on pike

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by sdrenth, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Kens Fish

Kens Fish Guest

X2

Ken

2. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe if you just made a small oval behind each of the hands...similar to your Bass mount?
    Definately creative and inspiring...it gets my wheels turning for sure ;)

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

...Orrrr, no plaque at all. This piece can stand alone on it's own...

4. I've been doing this 30 years and still can't make a pike look that nice. Great job Steve.

5. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Awesome pike!! Now just put your business name in the lower corner. hang it up and get ready... for your freezer to fill up.
    Good luck to you and your new endeavor Steve!

6. "Awesome" seems to be the general concensus... AND I AGREE! ;D
    Also have to agree with the square, all that great work and then a square, it is obvious that you can come up with something better than that. Change that square out and buy another freezer, lol. Good luck.

7. FishArt

Is it really a plaque for this fish? I actually thought it was some type of holder as you went thru the mounting and painting process. With the clamp and everything that's what I thought...???

8. dougp

dougp Active Member

Very, very nice........

DougP

9. FishArt

Killer paint job, isn't it Doug? It looks like all the little pores (or whatever those markings are) were painted in and everything. Looks like it just came out of the water! I also have a feeling low res pics don't do it justice...

10. Wow... I'm speechless!! That is the best pike mount I've seen! Great job on it!

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I said yowza when I saw the bass, and you didn't disappoint with the pike. It too looks kewl!!!

13. sdrenth

sdrenth New Member

MI
    Thanks a lot everyone! I had an idea behind the square plaque. Instead of putting a sign next to it I woodburned my logo onto the plaque.

Im going to darken the plaque some more to match the hands but here is how it is coming and some better resolution pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. FishArt

Two-part automotive gloss? Looks nice.

I think the fish really POPS in these outdoor pics. Again, awesome job!

15. Manny

Manny New Member

Gonna be really eyecatching !

16. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Very nice!!!!

17. buzzbait

buzzbait Padden's Wild & Wet Taxidermy and custom Woodwork

NY
    Steve, That is very nice..

18. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

I'll be totally honest with you...It's freaking awesome! I really like it, and I think your customers will too.

19. sdrenth

sdrenth New Member

MI
    Thanks guys! Fishart, I use Do it Best lacquer high gloss. I used 5 coats on this one.

Well it is finally 100% finished! Instead of trying to match the stain to the hands I just went ahead and repainted the hands to match the stain. I want to thank all of you for helping me along while I was working on this mount. It would not look anywhere near as good as it does if it weren't for you guys. Thank you!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. I like everything about that.

If you're gonna hang it somewhere, I would put your email and phone # on a separate, but matching plaque right below it. Awesome.