1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for any source of bear bait

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Nelson Furs, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Nelson Furs

Nelson Furs New Member

WI
    Yes does anyone have any sources of bear bait, large truckloads in the Wisconsin Illinois Stateline area? I'm located in Clinton Wisconsin would be interested in buying bear bait of any kind any help would be greatly appreciated. I will not be selling the bear Bait it is for personal use and for use for my client.

You can call me chad Nelson at 608-921-5666 or e-mail me at [email protected]

2. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Start popping popcorn and filling 50 gallon trash bags. Sams club sells bulk strawberry cool aide..

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

My grandfather used to trap them in Maine and he always got them using bacon grease and doughnuts.

4. Check out Cory Carlson at Lucky 7 bear bait in MN. He has it by the ton!

Bruce

5. batshouse

batshouse Member

ill call u

6. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Last I heard Lucky 7 was selling out. Don't know for sure. Hoytman gave good advice. It is fairly cheap and they eat it till full but crap it out soon so they are hungry again soon. It keeps them coming back more frequently. If you have to haul it far, it is light. Good luck, 3bears

7. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

Hit a bakery and get all the old sweet rolls, They love 'em

8. I use 3-way horse grain and beef fat from the butcher, add a little extra molasses and some use cooking oil. The fast food chains are always looking to get rid of the grease.

9. bigrack2427

bigrack2427 New Member

I helped set baits in Manitoba for a few years and we used KFC grease and if you talk to one of the managers in your area you could set up a deal with them to purchase the used grease and they are glad to get rid of it. The thing about the grease was that once they touched it and left it went with them and brought several back. It does not take very long to get a good bait working with that grease because of the fat content for a spring or fall bear. Give it a try...

10. I concur, we get the grease from KFC, and another local resturant, I provide the buckets , and its free, , the local grocer gives me the unsaleble past date bakery items, and I add whole Kernal corn, pop corn,and whatever fish carcases Ive been cleaning.
    I use wood or metal barrels with 1824 inches of cement in the bottom, then add the bait,
    put chains thru the barrels or they still will carry them off, chain to post or tree.
    Getting in the open end of the barrel they get it on their legs and back, and invite all their friends.
    Soon youll be asking for Bear repellent !
    1 prob, Ive had turkey , coons ,possums, yotes, and even a wolvarine get in this stuff.
    it takes a little Dawn sdishwashing detergent and some elbow grease to get them clean, but it sure brings them in !
    tie a rag to the back of your shoes (DONT PUT IT ON YOUR SHOES !) and drag it with the soakings from the bait, youll bring them in from Everywhere !
    BE SURE TO TAKE THE RAGS OFF BEFORE CLIMBING THE TREE OR YOU WILL GET A CLOSE UP YOU DONT WANT !

Good luck
    Betty

11. copper

copper Active Member

popped popcorn, strawberry jello and old grease, mix in a few drops of liquid smoke, takes a large trashbag to fill a 5 gallon bucket once its all stirred and mixed. my buddy in ontario uses this exclusively along with any old meat fish scraps he can collect. bears love it

12. MadeInUSA

MadeInUSA New Member

... bears seem to enjoy everything & anything... lol