1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Once again dissappointed in Joe Coombs

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by batshouse, Mar 28, 2011.

1. batshouse

batshouse Member

Theres a good reason I shop very little at Joe Coombs. Every time I have a mistake in my order they decide its my responsibility to pay to ship it back and then pay again to ship the right product. I understand if I made the mistake but what kind of business are you running Joe. Yes you have good forms but your customer service sucks!

2. They sent me the wrong eyes once, and after calling they sent me the right ones free of charge. And let me keep the wrong ones. I thought that was mighty swell of them. Not sure why you didn't get the same service.

3. batshouse

batshouse Member

Probably because shipping on a from is $11 bucks each way.

4. Never had a mis-shipment, back order, shortage or concealed damage from Coombs and I usually receive 4 shipments a month.

5. batshouse

batshouse Member

Well CBRO I must be on there blacklist then. Doesn't really matter I only do about two percent of my business with them. Mainly because of the past crap service I've had and this just reinforces my two percent business.

6. I have never had a problem with them either.

Bruce

7. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

Me either.

8. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I feel your pain. I use to love using his forms and one year I ordered a bunch of crap from him. I had about 4 or 5 pairs of eyes that were broke and called them and they told me that it wasn't their problem! They told me those eyes are made by Van Dykes and I should call them. I explained that I purchased them from Coombs not Van Dykes and they still would not replace the eyes. I even offered to ship them all back out of my pocket! They insisted that I call Van Dykes. I called Van Dykes and explained what was going on. They said that was ridiculous, which it was, and they told me to call Coombs back and tell them that if they replaced my eyes then Van Dykes would replace them to him. Well they still refused, so I called Van Dykes back again. Van Dykes sent me the replacement eyes and told me to just throw the other ones away that there was no need to send them back, so in the dumpster they went with every poster and catalog from Joe Coombs. To this day I still haven't ever ordered from them again and every time they send a catalog I do a ceremonial burning! I never look at their booth at the World if they show up and anytime anyone ask me my opinion I surely let them know about this story! It's been 10 years ago or so.

9. batshouse

batshouse Member

Glad to hear that Im not the only guy they jag around. Maybe if they stood behind their mistakes I'd do more business with them. But since they don't other companies reap the benifits.

10. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

i have been using Joe Coombs forms for 20 years or more , and have had maybe 2 orders in that time with a mistake , and that was quickly made right , also they always repeat my order back to me so i can catch anything that the order taker may have misunderstood

11. batshouse

batshouse Member

Alot of butt smoochers on this website still I see.

12. psycho

They didn't get my order wrong they just put broken eyes in the order because they box was fine! Quality has to be across the board. I'll keep buring my catalogs as long as they keep showing up. ;D

13. Bubble-wrapped eyes should be a common shipping practice now with suppliers.I threw away 6 pair one time when they taped them to the top/underside of the box years ago. :D There forms are some of the best out there. Maybe they had some college kid who didn't give a rats a$$ doing the orders. What kind of issue did you have Bathouse?

14. psycho

Your right, that should be common practice today and I am sure they do things that way today and I do remember them taping the eyes to the tops of the boxes. I don't care what supply company you call if you have broken glass eyes shipped to you they should be taken care of. It doesn't matter who worked there either what mattered was they didn't handle the problem like they should have which is why I said Quality across the board should matter. I never expect to pay for something that is broke and not be taken care of. Forms can be fixed no big deal however, I'm not a glass maker. LOL They will never get my business back and I know they don't care, I'll keep buying Ohio Taxidermy Supply forms. LOL

15. impact

impact Member

Iowa
    I have never had a problem with Coombs and I will continue to use them because I really like there deer forms.

16. Never had a problem with service or product.....never... love their forms!

17. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I really like Joe's form's and have had no issue's with them thus far. But I can understand y'all being pissed with them. All it takes is one prick on the phone to ruin someones feelings about a certain company. Last year my CC was hacked through McKenzie's and Van Dyke's and they just basically blew me off on the phone when I asked if there was an issue. I still use them, but it sure ticked me off.

18. psycho

At least you get it. Some of these guys think you are picking on their favorite company. ;D

19. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

There was a pile of that that happened last year. Somehow they got hacked I figured cuz both my cc I used with kenzie and vd got hacked and I only used one of those cards to purchase forms and supplies only and had only purchased from them. Had to cancel them and get new ones. I never did call them because the cc companies dropped the charges and sent me new cards right away but i heard others saying it happened and figured kenzie and vd were the ones who got hacked. Thats not their fault though. Any of the biggest companies in the world can get hacked at anytime like that by cc hackers.

20. On the hacking, Mike Gillis told they finally ran the theifdown and it was someone in the Cablea's link.