1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Business and Marketing Tip of the Week

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Christie, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

"Dreams only work if you do."
    -Can't remember

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
    ~Henry David Thoreau ...

2. Christie

Christie Instructor, Consultant & Speaker

"Lead, or get out of the way!"
    - My father on many occasions.

3. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

"Get off Taxi.net and get your ars to work"

- My buddy Mark

4. "Good One!"
    My buddy Jimbo.

5. blkbearklr

blkbearklr Yep I am retired living off my sugar mama!!!

* just watching this one

6. Just provide a great product at a price that you can live with and go for it.

7. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

My favorite moneymaking quote come from Archie Phillips. Archie believes that seeing is selling. He says you need to have a nice show room with plenty of variety for clients to see. Archie's daddy told him "Son. you can't sell nuthin' off an empty wagon" Think about it. What you have to show sells much easier than a picture or an oral description.

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Just wanted to remind everyone that Christie will be in Pocahontas, Illinois July 16th and 17th at the NOW OPEN Copper Dock Winery.

9. I have been off the site for a while but I wanted to share what we did this year and it worked out well. It was a chance for everyone to get in on a drawing. Most of the shop if not all do a big buck contest and we were one of them. But this year we decided to do something different. It was a chance at a weekly give a-way for everyone not just deer hunters but everyone that brought in something from first day of bow season to last day of turkey season! Each week we picked a name out of a bucket and then we picked an amount out of another bucket (we had the kid from next door do it for us). The amounts were $25,$50 and $100. We put posters at all the processors we work with and at the shop. Then each week I would go by and write the winners name and the amount for that week on the poster! Everyone loved it! All the processors said that guys who were on the fence about who to use that the contest help us!! We had an increase in NEW clients from every processors way above what we had from seasons before!! We will be doing it again this year!

10. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

Great job Christie. I am a part timer looking to go full time in the next year or so. All ideas are of interest to me and I wil pay close attention to this one!

11. Just missing this thread...
    so bump.

12. MichaelG

MichaelG TRAINEE

A friendly bump.

13. Christie

It's not about what price you're charging for your work, but about the confidence you have regarding that price.

14. Christie

Your clients are the most important asset in your business. What are you doing to grow that asset?

It's been two and a half years... can I just jump back in, or is there a re-initiation process? ;)

15. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Not more than a week ago I was thinking of this thread and was wondering what happened to it. This post is full of much needed info and I have missed it. Welcome back Christie.

16. Christie

Thanks :) Another baby and a few health issues later, I'm finally starting to feel like myself again.

17. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    Wow I don't know how I've never seen this thread but just got done reading all the pages. Some good info. I am now a subscriber. Thanks Christie glad your Heath is doing better and congrats on the baby

18. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Welcome back Christie.

Todd B

19. I've been here since 2009 and somehow missed this thread years ago. Would love for you to continue adding posts. Very interesting and informative.

20. RTF

RTF Active Member

Cant believe its been 3 years already since the first post.