1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Who is going to Iowa?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by psycho, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I like the sound of that! I could bring the one I had at MO last year...but I won't. I'll work up a new one. You decide what the wager is, and I'm all in. We can go by score or votes, I don't care either way. Sounds like a good time.

BTW, I assume the skin mount rule is yours, cuz unless they changed something you can compete in the challenge w/ a replica.

2. wildwings

wildwings New Member

I don't know if you can compete with reproductions or not. Any how we can go by score makes it easy. As far as your walleye you mounted before I seen it and I have my work cut out for me. However I figured now that I have to enter into Masters I have to step up my game. Plus after talking to you I got some dark secrets that might help me with the issues I am having with my fish mounts any how. As far as the wager how about a case or bottle of something or like 20 dollars I don't really care. However I am a PT taxidermist so my pockets aren't as deep as a fulltime guys :) Let me know just figured then it will give me just that more motivation to put together a better fish. That and more reason to tell the wife why I am out fishing more this year. In the long run it will be worth it even if I don't win.

Ps. Any how your MO fish had a rope with it. What does rope have anything to do with fishing !

3. Iowa Hawk

Iowa Hawk New Member

Cole, I will take all of your recommendations, and present them at the next meeting. I will briefly answer some of your concerns.

The check in time used to be later, I think around 3:00. But when we did that, the judging wouldnt get done until noon the next day. You want to see some very angry taxidermist, tell them thet can see how they did at 9:00 am the next morning, and delay that 3 hours !
    Heck, the show committee and some judges were in the show room until 2:30 am this year, and we still have to delay the opening for almost an hour.
    Thats why we moved the check in time to 1:00.

Why cant you hang your own mounts? A while back, when we did allow that, one competitor was hanging his mount, when no one was looking, he reached over and bent an ear tip over, on one of the other competitors mounts. (Somebody he didnt like) Trust me, if your show allows the person to hang his own mount, it would be just a matter of time, before this happens. So, the old army rule, if one disobeys, everyone pays.

A far as the banquet running smooth, you're preaching to the choir :). We didnt print a banquet program, to save some money. But if anybody needed a very organized program, to read from, it was me. (thats a whole other matter,that I will not go into) That will be different next year. I do agree about calling the judges up again and again.

Thanks your input,now I have to get back to my other job !!!

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm in. I think I have some rope left, now I just need a walleye.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I'll go. When is it?

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Friday, see you there.

8. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

??? What the "F Bomb" ;D

9. zubba

zubba New Member

And if your scores tie, I get to drink both. ;D

10. psycho

Theres a shock! LOL

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm not sure you can handle it.

12. zubba

zubba New Member

I guess I did wake up Saturday morning swearing I would never drink again. How you were up so damn early is beyond me...

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I don't know if you noticed or not, but I don't miss many meals and breakfast was served at 7:30.

14. you just got to practice more Kurt

15. psycho

Kurt you can have my share next time. Playing catch up and doing it quick is not the way to do it. Cole is a machine, don't know how he handled that. He must practice more than the rest of us. Sure is funny at the time but damn, I remembered why it has been 10 years since I had a drink. LOL Kyle was funny as shit too. Had a blast and looking forward to next year or our first group road trip. LOL

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Road trip sounds good, I'll drive!
    [​IMG]

17. psycho

;D Thats freaking hilarious. I better drive, I'm the sober one. LOL

18. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

lmao. Yeah me I roled outta bed at about 11:30. I was so dead he shut my 8am alarm off after it went off for 6 mintues lol or should I say 3 alarms I had set haha. Wish I could make it to the Missouri show but I'll still be in Alaska workin. Otherwise I'd deff be there!! We should seriously plan out a trip somewhere next year. Sounds like a blast.

19. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Ur belly probably wasn't thinkin I was so funny saturday afternoon after bustin out that bottle of southern friday night, lol. Glad you survived it haha. Everyone was funny stuff and good people! Lokkin forward to our next event as a bunch. Bowling anyone? I think we all need to get overall bibs and farmer/straw hats next time. Huser was priceless!! lol That could be our official traveling attire haha. I think we'd probably get arrested if they saw a psycho driving a free candy van.

20. zubba

zubba New Member

LMAO...Free Candy..lol...