1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Euro mount question

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by weighttrain_2000, Mar 30, 2011.

1. weighttrain_2000

weighttrain_2000 New Member

I'm currently working on my second euro mount on a bull elk my buddy shot back in 2008. I had no problem getting the skull clean but I'm having a hard time getting the skull a natural bone white. I've been soaking the skull in store bought peroxide but it's just not getting the yellow tint out of the skull. I'm afraid to keep soaking the skull for fear that it might start falling apart. I have some of the whitening paste but he told me he wanted the natural white look. Should I keep soaking the skull off and on? If I do keep soaking the skull how long is too long?

Thanks for any advice.

2. The yellow is there for good if you do not degrease. Dawn and water seems to be what most use to do it....and it takes weeks. Check out the skull and skeleton section of this site. Much like the rest of this site, you can read for days on end.

3. weighttrain_2000

weighttrain_2000 New Member

Thanks "Mudcat72", I knew I skipped a step. I'll take the head out of the peroxide and soak it in water and Dawn dish soap.