1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Straight Look Forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skinner26, Mar 30, 2011.

1. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

How many like straight look forms? I try to talk people out of them win I can. It just might be me but they just don't look good.

Skinner's Taxidermy
    [email protected]

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Not a big fan of them myself. Had to mount up a few the other day and no matter what I do, they just don't look good.

3. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

4. tem

tem Well-Known Member

did one for my brother in law. a big 10 point. couldn't talk him out of it. so he got one. didn't do any jested for the deer.

5. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

The only one I really like is the Tommy Hall semi upright straight. You put a big narly buck on one of those and put his ears back just right and he looks meen!

6. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't like them either but I'm not the one paying for it.

7. jt

jt Member

PA
    Mount a Revolution Curious Alert up for your shop. They're straight, but they're not. My customers went crazy for them this year. They look real nice and don't have that boring, dead deer stuck on the wall look that a straight form has.

8. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    The Mckenzie 6500 straight form is about as good as they get for a straight ahead look.

9. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

I put a straight form in the same category as a neck mount.

They suck!

10. I talk em into a Mears Offset Sweep. Straight looking but turned.

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

X2

12. TN Bucknasty

TN Bucknasty New Member

I just call them nutsack mounts because that's what they look like to me. About 1/4 of my customers want them done that way, so that's what they get.

13. I have a return customer that got a straight last year and again this year, he likes them for some reason. I wouldnt do one for myself but something about the mount for this guy i really liked. Very simple but showed off the deer very well

14. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

If the customer wants straight, it's straight! I do a good many of them annually.

15. think they should be outlawed!!! just something about them not quite right.

16. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

But you name is on it and people will talk.

Skinner's Taxidermy
    [email protected]

17. Outback 33

Outback 33 U.S.A.

I had three this year. Not a BIG fan.

18. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Don't matter. The customer gets what the customer wants.

19. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

20. Steven .B

Steven .B New Member

Not a big fan on the straight on , but if its what they want always make the customer happy... I always ask them if they know where they are going to hang there mount at in ther home. If I didn't ask some people will have there deer looking into the wall.. ;)