1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Taxidermy Show!

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by catkiller, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Yeah saw that but that would've been hours ago though :-\

2. huntin_justin

huntin_justin Active Member

Im guessing he means April 2

3. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I had seen the scheduling on the site at least, that said it was on this morning at 1 am
    If it's on again tomorrow I'll definitely set to record, I don't see it coming on again on my tv at all

4. fireduck

fireduck Member

I looked all over on the disc. channel 182 on dish and I couldnt find anything on this show.

5. You didn't miss anything. If that is the way you operate a taxidermy studio ( Never mind). It should have been less stage and more real taxidermy. Makes you think, how put on is "Deadlest Catch" and the others.

6. Alan B

Alan B Member

depends on your time zone of course here in Nevada it was on Dish channel 182 Discovery at 7:00pm
    somewhat interesting but definantly not a "Must see" and I agree that white cat ::) ::) ::)

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

why is this in the for sale section?

8. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

Maybe they are selling pirated copies of the show :D

9. Homestead

Homestead N.E.A.T BOD

Don't think anyone will be buying any of those copies. Only the studio that mounted the white cat and lion showed any kind of class, they didn't seem to play it up for the show.

10. Silverbrook

Silverbrook New Member

I'm with Mr. T on this one. WHY is this in the for sale section? Is it for sale? JUST SAYIN !! phil

11. Auggie

Auggie Startem young

I hope my customers don't start expecting their mounts back in 4 days. Not gonna happen here.

12. Das-Mimi

Das-Mimi It's hard to live in CA and like Taxidermy...

Seriously... I've never seen anyone mount a bear within 4 days... Especially with all of those problems!

I remember them saying they wanted more youth in the business... I'm not at all for it but if you'd want it, why not show a snippet of what soft mounting is?

13. Nope, not here. " Sons of Guns" is on at that time.

14. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

I thought it was odd that a customer can bring a lifesize Alaskan Brown Bear into a studio and expect it to be done in four days. Did the dude DP the bear or what? That confused me. And personally.......I thought the lady's cat looked like crap! I agreed that it was more like a reality show, which I hate, but at least it was a subject that I could stand to watch. I liked the Swamp Booger!

15. Homestead

Homestead N.E.A.T BOD

Northeast had a booth @ the Big-E outdoor show in West Springfiield Mass, here are a couple of pics of the bear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. I AGREE THE SWAMP BOOGER WAS THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW. MY BUDDY WATCHED IT AND GAVE ME A LITTLE MORE CONFIDENCE THOUGH. HE HAS SEEN A LOT OF MY WORK, AND COULD NOT BELIEVE SOME OF THAT WORK WAS DISPLAYED ON NATIONAL TV. PLUS, HE SAID NEXT TIME HE BRINGS ME A BEAR, HE WANTS IT DONE BY THE WEEKEND. HOW MUCH DRYING TIME DID HE GIVE THE BEAR. I WOULDN'T LET A SQUIRREL GO OUT THE DOOR IN 4 DAYS. EVEN IF THEY COULD GET IT TOGETHER IN 4 DAYS, IT WOULD NEVER BE DRY THAT QUICK. A DRYER ON IT OR NOT. THEN YOU HAVE TO AIRBRUSH THE DAMN THING. IT WAS A VERY NICE MOUNT, BUT THEY SHOULD AT LEAST LET THE PUBLIC KNOW THE ACTUAL TIME IT TOOK TO COMPLETELY FINISH. I DON'T WANT MY NEXT CUSTOMER BRINGING ME A WHITETAIL AND THINK FOR ONE MINUTE IT CAN BE DONE IN A COUPLE DAYS.

17. I guess he just so happened to have the right form for the bear in the closet. also if you want good work out of someone, you don't treat them like a piece of trash. It was just as real as rasseling.