1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Has anyone found any shed antlers this year?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by beamerball3o, Mar 31, 2011.

1. beamerball3o

beamerball3o New Member

This is the first year I've been able to find any but ended up finding 6 and a few dead bucks...I'll post pics when I have more time but meanwhile, lets see some pics of any yall have found.

2. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I have found 6 moose sheds so far.. ;D

3. I talked to a guy yesterday, his son inlaw was down by Detroit and seen 18 bucks all still had antlers, so he went and checked out at his shack in Stanton Mi, 5 bucks with antlers.
    what is happening with all that. I seen 5 bucks during muzzleloading, all had one antler missing. I thought they were loosing them back in Dec. This seems to be a strange year.
    Jim

4. beamerball3o

beamerball3o New Member

I have seen a lot with only half racks including one monster back in December and a few of the ones I found were from last year or at least thats how it looks...I'm not sure I'll ever understand em

Here are my pics

Attached Files:

5. beamerball3o

beamerball3o New Member

The last one on here I actually got to see alive and the left side is some kinda funky i'm guessing from an injury and the buck's antler that is broken off has no burr around it, it looks like it just continues out of its skull...who knows

Attached Files:

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

i found a gorgeous set from a buck i watched all winter. i found the sheds last week about 50 yards apart. only a few chew marks and a little faded but i stained them up and they look great. biggest antlers i own. high 140's. ill try to post some pics tonight!

7. beamerball3o

beamerball3o New Member

look forward to seeing those..the two sets i found were each less than ten feet apart and one set was almost touching eachother

8. rob.s

rob.s New Member

I have 14 so far and 1 dead head...Also,got my first matched set and took 18 days to find the other side of it...Here are some pics from this year''AsThey Lay''

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Rob i love the pics of "as they lay" i try to get pics of them too before i pick them up...awesome!!!

10. Brian

Brian Active Member

Heres my find. my buddy is a decent scorer and estimates them to be mid 140's

Attached Files:

11. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Nice matching set Brian! You going to mount those up with a cape?
    rob.s, you are making shed hunting look so easy with those pics! lol nice sheds!

12. Brian

Brian Active Member

Nina, i do plan on it! They have a few chew marks from the squirrels or mice but after they were stained it hid the chew marks pretty good. i have access to a 22 inch cape. so i think ill go with that . but yeah cant wait to mount it up. i watched this deer all winter. hes fenced in at one of my job sites . Next year hopefully hes bigger.

13. rob.s

rob.s New Member

Nina,If you only knew how many hours I had in finding my first shed.LOL!!!

14. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

spent 3 weekends in the woods found 0 . kids played in the back yard one afternoon and found a mathing set an a nice 5 pointer maybe i need to play in the back yard :-[ ???

15. I started hunting for them last weekend; I may live in Pittsburgh, but I've seen deer both near my house and in some of the parks closer to the city. One can only hope...

Nice finds so far! The only sheds I have are ones given to me (will post pics when I get them up...)

16. Boomer

Boomer New Member

One afternoon of looking. Havent had much tim to go out lately but I think i did pretty well. For some reason I still have some mulies packing.

Attached Files:

17. Brian

Brian Active Member

what do you live on a game farm? holy cow!!!

18. Boomer

Boomer New Member

No I just look for them on some family ground in western Kansas. Last year i found 82

19. racksandspurs

racksandspurs facebook page...racksandspurs taxidermy

This season so far. For some reason it's taking them forever to drop. I'm finding them but i just saw two last friday with both sides!Crazy!!

Attached Files:

• 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      87.1 KB
      Views:
  20. beamerball3o

beamerball3o New Member

Racksandspurs, those all look so similar just different sizes thats crazy and Boomer thats just not fair