1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mammals of the Month - April 2011

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Cool fox Cole,

2. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

here is a red fox just went out the door. notice MP'S rock method put to good use.

Attached Files:

3. my first half lifesize
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    just for fun,my daughter wanted a pic for school

[​IMG]

4. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    [​IMG]
    LOOK OUT!!! Won't somebody save that poor child! Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Looks good! ;)

John.

5. Non-TypicalArtist

Non-TypicalArtist ABOVE Expectations. BEYOND Ordinary.

[​IMG]

6. Nice piece on the running fox

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Beautifully done, Cole! I like in the left hand head close-up, how the image is trimmed, giving the impression it is the Fox's tail that is tucked up under its chin. Very sweet! Overall ... just plain well done! ;)

John.

8. Heres a 2 piece mount

Attached Files:

• b8.jpg
      b8.jpg
      File size:
      47.1 KB
      Views:
  9. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

:eek: Damn Cole! Nice Fox brother!

10. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Today's victim!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Nice Justin , I like the look you gave him with the eyes

12. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Nice Red there Cole!

Nice Gray Justin!

Two great Fox!

Mike

13. Awesome expression Justin! Concentrated and focused yet relaxed and not bothered... I like!

14. [
    Hei, Travis, how do you stand-up the hair on back?

15. Ooo, one of my little tricks, I usually don't tell everyone because its what separates my work from the rest, how ever, if it wasn't for people sharing information we wouldn't be where we are in our industry! What you do is get yourself a tub of 'wet look gjel', ultrahold hair spray, and matt hair putty. Mount up ur trophy, give it a good wash with shampoo. Apply wet look gel very liberally, work it from the back forward making sure u get right into the roots and slowly open up the blaze. Once open it will be pretty flat against the body, allow gel to dry, should take 15 to 20 minuted. Get s hold of a brush and a hairdryer, u will notice the gel is hard and crystallized. working it with the brush and dryer you will be able to shape and fluff but it will seem as if it wants to close again, the take your matt putty, I use the one from loreal, use sparingly! Rub into ur hands and work from root to tip, then again with the dryer from the middle out. Once it is in the right shape, spray with hairspray to lock into shape. when your mount is dry and finished your hair on the springbuck will be locked in its follicle.... It takes practice but u will be able to effectivly get that hair to stand up... I have never heard of this method and no one I knew had figured it out, so I'm sure there might be an easier way with the development of it but I went in blind, inspired by metal heads with mowhawks! Lol! Take care

16. Travis, thanks to share all this valuable information! I mount much springbocks but they are near all trophyheads. few are lifesize, but in the future i can put to use your information!
    keep up with the good work!

17. Its a pleasure oupa (oldfather directly translated in afrikaans) lol! Good luck! If u don't come right message me.

18. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

A lot of nice work! Cole, that is probably the best looking Red Fox mount I have ever seen.....WOW!