1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

my first 2 brookies

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by troutfisher, Apr 3, 2011.

1. troutfisher

troutfisher New Member

Here are my first two brook trout they both have their natural heads, I rebuilt the shrunken areas with apoxie and put a coat of epoxy on the rest of the head.

The first one is my oldest daughters fishing contest winner from last year. I put her fish on a premade base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one I caught two seasons back at a local stream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are my 6th and 7th fish overall, I have a great deal of enjoyment in taxidermy and greatly appreciate and advise. Thanks for looking.

2. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Check your referrence, I believe that you should have RED spots inside the blue halo. I've never seen blue spots.

3. troutfisher

troutfisher New Member

thanks old fart, i did use gill red but i think it's to thin and instead of it looking red it looks dark blue.should i spray a white dot then a blue dot of the same size as i did and then put a white dot inside that blue dot and spray the red over the white so the red will show better? thanks tom

4. huntsheds

huntsheds New Member

Utah
    I think the second one looks great except for all of the blue dots. I think it would look good wihout them.

5. Jdewitt27

Jdewitt27 New Member

Looks great and I agree with Old fart a more predominant red spot in the blue halo will look great. How long did it take to do these?

6. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

The heads don't look like they are attached right. Pointing down too much.