1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for feedback on aggressive mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by miker, Apr 3, 2011.

1. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    I know the picture angles are a little screwy,but I was wondering if this thing looks aggressive? First time trying one, any feedback will be helpful. Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Yes.

And I borrowed your pics for another thread.

3. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Re: Re: Looking for feedback on aggressive mount

Looks pretty good! One question though, is it possible to have the whites showing in the front of both eyes at the same time? Wouldn't that kinda be the opposite of crosseyed?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

4. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Looks great to me! I really like the expression of the right side in the second picture!

5. Not to bad However the eyes are wrong as stated earlier. When deer posture in that pose their head is turned the opposite way they are looking. In this case his head is turned to the left he should be looking lright as if he were side stepping toward another buck that he is ready to fight. I would also back brush it to give it the mad dog look.

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

It looks pretty good, but there are a few things that I noticed. One is the earbutts, they look alittle low to me for an aggressive look. Pulling them up a bit will allow you to rotate the ear and make them alittle more pinned. They look alittle flat on top. Your eye rotation should be one way or the other depending on where the other wt is he getting upset with. Now I know some will say you can see white in the front on both sides, and I have reference to show this, but most of the time he will rotate his focus towards his would be opponent.

7. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    Thanks for the info,I never gave it a thought on putting eye rotation in it. The deer is looking straight ahead, the nicitating membrane covers the white part. I removed a little of the foam trying to make room for the caruncle probable removed to much. As for the ears unfortunately I made the butts out of bondo and apoxie sculpt, So the are going to have to stay the way they are.

When you say flat on top they need more of an arch bringing the ears closer to the neck?

Again thanks for the info,
    Mike

Pic with membrane

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yes, the ears themselves will be closer and the earbutts will arch alittle on the top and be closer to the antlers.