1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ April 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ April 2011 !!!!!!!!

A very warm hello from Augusta Maine and The Maine State Championships and Annual Taxidermy Convention!!! Sorry for the late start! This is my first show back from the dead (nearly) I have to say how wonderful it was to be so warmly welcomed and had the opportunity to share in such a tradition! So may shows across the USA and Canada provide such a value of knowledge and wealth of friendship to those whom attend! This year I was privileged to attend as a judge and seminarian the Florida Show, Georgia Show, Michigan Show California show as well as the Maine show this weekend. I cannot thank California and the assoc for the care they gave to me when I was there and for the Huey’s for personally seeing that I got back home!

On a very personal note I wish to thank one an all who called, wrote sent cards and emails and made my wife’s and daughters life a better place during this time I was in the hospital. It is a slow road on the way back and I have learned that even at this age one must take time to slow down and enjoy life as well as the work one does! I also want to send my deepest regrets tot eh great members of the Ohio Taxidermist association. This was the first show I had missed an obligation to in 22 years and if there was one show I absolutely wanted to be at it was that one! I’m glad I could donate a 2 workshop for a member who is motivated in learning fish taxidermy! Some day I would love to come to your show in the future! I’ll see a lot of you at the New England Taxidermy Association Spring Workshop in April as well as at the World in May, Quebec in May and at the Oregon Limited Steelhead Workshop in Oregon!

As we are into the 2011 State show season I hope you all take advantage to attend your local state show to meet friends and to take in a few seminars to learn a thing or two to make your work more profitable or just a little bit more satisfying for you! I hope to see you all soon at the shows! Lets get this month start with the next chapter in inspiration for the fishheads who spend time at this posting on this tremendous web site!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start off this March recognizing those from all over the world who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past month’s pictures! Absolutely breathtaking art work!!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of April with a Talented Gentleman and Wood Carver from Harwich, Cape Code Massachusetts! Mr. Ken Whiting has been a carver for many, many years and wanted to try his hand at some reproduction work to help in his painting skills for his carving work. I really enjoyed my first workshop since being out of the hospital and I hope you enjoy the work of Mr. Ken Whiting!
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in May!

So here we go and here is to a great March in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here is a Beautiful False Albacore from New Wave Taxidermy!

[​IMG]

Here is Ken very proudly sharing his Striped Bass from Lake Country Replica’s!

[​IMG]
    Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful striper!

3. Beautiful work Mr. Ken!!!

Glad to see the fish pics keep coming even though its monthly instead of weekly.

This is a pretty special piece for me that I just finished up. This is a custom mold and cast of my 6 year old son Koby's smallmouth caught up in the great state of New Hampshire back in 09. Our guides for the day were none other that Mr. Ricky Krane himself and my good friend Moutain Ed.

Here is Koby with his fish.
    [​IMG]

Here is the piece. It's a 360 deg. pedestal mount on a slightly alterted, pre-fab Mckenzie base. Attached is the lure the fish was caught on. Well not the exact one but anyway. I've never been a big fan of the hook and line mounts before but I thought my son might think it was cool and he loved it.
    [​IMG]

Another angle
    [​IMG]

Close up
    [​IMG]

And the Custom lense
    [​IMG]

4. Very nice, Travis

5. rp

rp Member

Nice fish guy's

Beauty of a smallmouth Travis.
    My fooshie, some have seen it before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Glad you're back and feeling better Rick. Can't see the pictures you posted but know they are outstanding. Great fish so far you guys and I'll keep with the smb theme (congrats on the nice fish Koby). These Smallies came from Torch Lake in Northern Michigan. It's the deepest lake in Michigan around 300' and also the biggest lake in Michigan as far as water volume. The top fish is almost 23" long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Rick! Glad you're back on track. You had alot of people worried. WOO HOO! This one's for you Perca ;D. I molded it and then did this SKIN MOUNT Steelhead, custom body. I put it out in the snow to pull a April fool's joke on a bunch of buddie's who thought I snuck out to the river. It worked

[​IMG]

8. The next fish are ones I molded and cast for the Michigan show in March. They were all caught in January
    and February by a couple of good hardcore ice fishing buddies. I don't have time to fish much so it was nice
    to get a few to work with. It was lots of work and the most fish I have ever entered into a competition but
    I got on a mission and wanted to represent a grand slam for ice fishing for us in lower Michigan. These fish
    are all the ones we target while out. The Redear was donated to me by Joe Miles and thanks Joe you may
    have it back now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Redear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pumpkinseed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Great looking steely duxdog and super cool picture.

10. Here's a 48 lb King Reproduction!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 11" Rockbass and a 11" Northern Pike caught out of a friends lake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    14" Crappie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Killer King Stormcloud, very nice. This is my last fish it's a 9" Bluegill.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Inspirational work so far , as always, Randy you certainly get through some fish ! and that Salmon is stunning as well Stormcloud.
    I did not know you had been ill Rick, and am pleased to hear you are on the mend. ( your pics are not showing with me also )
    John

14. agagne41

agagne41 New Member

Very few of the pics are showing up.

15. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Thanks Rick!! Glad you're feeling better. I love comming here to get recharged. Here's mine. Acustomer crappie

Attached Files:

16. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Head shot

Attached Files:

17. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Awesome work.Off to a great start

18. Incredible work guys!!Randy, that pumpkin seed is stunning! Travis, what an evil eye roll on that smallie buddy. Thats some pretty nice work for a repro guy, ;), lol.Say hi to coby for me.

19. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Pour and Pull Smallmouth :D
    (SMB-2) 16.25"X 11.5"- 2.75 LB. LT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]