1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ April 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Gary, you depress me!!!! Your stuff is so freakin pretty, GORGEOUS!! Doug and Rich I'm always a fan!! Too much nice stuff on here to mention! This is the greatest thread on earth!

Mike.

2. Beautiful work all... Doug, always enjoy seeing Gary's work, very inspiring!!

Here are some of my humble replica's for the month, a Brown (blank from Rich Benedict), Musky (my own blank) and a Rainbow (blank courtesy of Joshua Knuth).

Attached Files:

3. I love Garys work and thanks for posting a pictue Doug. Kevin those are some beautiful reproductions. I really like the Musky very much.

4. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Very nice fish Kevin! And I love that wood carving.

5. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

I know my fish don't belong amongst some of your amazing work but here goes. Two white bass my dad brought me to do for display. They are around 18" so the pic doesn't do them justice as far as size. oh and I will either be adding some baitfish or the top fish will be on a hook.

Attached Files:

6. CarlScroggins

CarlScroggins Oct. 25 1985...It was a good day.

Great fish everyone! Here's my contribution for this month.
    A custom cast bluegill that my son finished up:
    [​IMG]

and a custom cast white bass that I did:
    [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went to Rick's class in May of '09 and done my first repro. Came home, got injured and finally got around to doing this one. This is my 2nd reproduction...2 years later.

8. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Dwayne,
    I have wondered how you were doing. And I am Glad to hear you are doing well!!! :)
    Nice job!

Jason

9. wishbone

wishbone New Member

2 brown trout.....i finished for a guy...i attached heads apoxied to fit and painted...never done brown trout before

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Kevin that rainbow really looks outstanding

11. Nice work Dwayne. Glad to see your back in the shop!

12. X2 Dwayne!! You can't keep a good man down. Keep at it buddy!!

13. DropTine

DropTine DSCN0137.JPG

Rick and Dwayne, Glad your back on your feet. i am dealing with some medical issues myself. So i haven't been on this sight for awhile. I am missing alot of great work. Good job everyone. Mark

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Carl, I'm diggin' the white bass!

15. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Great fish guys. This past weekend, I was honored to be invited to the West Virginia Taxidermists Association Convention. In the professional division, in the reproduction category, Mike Weltz entered this smallmouth bass. It is my understanding that Mike dabbles in various flat art projects, oil painting some awesome looking fish pictures. He explained to me, he thought he would try his oil painting techniques out on this Dennis Arp Reproduction. I personally, thought the paint job was outstanding and gave Mike a nice blue ribbon to add to his trophy case. Awesome job Mike, I really enjoyed your smallmouth.

Attached Files:

16. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

your right Ken, Mike's smallie was spectacular. The photo is great but we both know it doesn't do the fish any justice compared to how it looked in person.

17. Harum

Harum Active Member

I like the Smallmouth piece.

18. RDA

RDA Active Member

OIL painted!!??? DANG NICE!!!! :eek:

19. Ron this fish is hand painted. Mike is extremely talented.

Thanks for posting this Ken.

20. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    The fine details on the fins were unbelievable. Makes me want to learn to oil paint something besides deer heads. "Extremely Talented", pretty much sums it up Billy. I am ready to take some lessons from Mike.