1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wondering about a price on this cat

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by cypresslake, Apr 4, 2011.

1. gab

gab Active Member

wikipedia says a male can go 30-40 lbs.how much did this one weigh?one idea is you can start na auction,but set a reserve price in your head.if the price doesn't get high enough,just cancel the auction,reserve not met.

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

If you don't get any good offers you should just mount that baby up. It would make a real nice show piece.

3. cypresslake

cypresslake Jude Bordelon Cypresslake Taxidermy

Yeah bob thats what I was thinking, I like the cat but the like cash more lol. I've gotten some good trade offers but was gonna try to make some money back b/c i traded a future shoulder mount for the cat.

4. gab

gab Active Member

i can give $400 for it,so theres a tangible offer to start with.

5. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

I'd love the skull+first two vertebrae at least. How about $80 raw + whatever it would take to ship to 02215.

6. catman

catman Active Member

Why don't you auction it off here? Then you could see what the market could bear. You could put a reserve on it if you were in doubt.

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Maybe who ever buys the cat will be willing to sell it to you.

8. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

How much is it at.

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Last I herd it was between $450 and $500.

10. cypresslake

Yeah bob thanks its $500 plus shipping so for

I dont have a computer in my shop so i'm not on here that often

11. Should go to the for sale category to auction it off ! Should be more interested bidders there! Just a thought.

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

You might be right. His intent was to find out what it was worth but there seems to be big interest in it.
    It kinda turned into a silent auction before he knew it. :D

13. snowhare

snowhare New Member

I WONDER ABOUT WHEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS LL STOP EH , JOKY JOKY

14. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

I sure hope so. Servals are my favorite cat so it'd be the gem of my collection.

15. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

cwag if you get this cat you better post your first cat pic on taxinet when it's finished! I'll even come take the pic for you :)

16. gab

gab Active Member

it's priced out of my range now,but what we were going to do is have it going after an african bird in the classic bobcat/quail pose.i thought having it stretched out like that would show off the spots.

17. cypresslake

Thanks to all that gave me info and offers on the cat, it is sold

18. ShadowWulf

ShadowWulf me and my shed hunting pup, Cody

Gorgeous cat! However bought it is very lucky, it's gonna make a great show piece!
    Liz

19. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    I got some in the freezer, I would really like to know what this one went for. Anyone? Thanks

20. snowhare

snowhare New Member

LIKE TO SEE IT TOO , I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN ONE IN MY WHOLE LIFE THAT EVEN CAME CLOSE TO THE REAL THING , THE MANAKINS THEY SELL ARE THE WORST ON THE PLANET , SO BETTER MAKE YOUR OWN