1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

D Rings for rug

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by boarhunter67, Apr 6, 2011.

1. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I have a 70+ year old bear rug that I'm repairing. The customer also wants rings attached to hang it. I usually send out rugs, but I'm not going to send it and pay for shipping just for rings to be attached. Do I just buy some D rings at a hardware store and some strapping material and sew or can I get some D rings that are already attached to straps? If you know of someone who could sell me some rings with say 6" of strap already attached for a good price, please let me know.

2. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Buy the 3/4" - 1" D-Rings @ Jo-Ann's Fabric, Micheals, or pretty much any local fabric store.

3. boarhunter67

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure if I could get some with a strap already attached. Can I get the strap material from a fabric material too?

4. Michelle_Nelson

They do not come pre assembled. Yes you can buy the strap at the fabric store to. You are going to have to sew them to the Bear.

5. Michelle_Nelson

When you sew it to the bear don't just sew it to the backing go all the way through to the leather side. By sewing it to the backing you add to much stress.

6. boarhunter67

Thanks. I had read that previously when I was searching the archives. I've very thankful for all the tips I've read on here.