1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Mounted in Alaska"

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by shdyhollotaxi, Apr 7, 2011.

1. gab

gab Active Member

2. I just watched all the season of Mounted in Alaska.
    Thought it was great but not sure about the judging show .
    How does one mount an animal any animal and have it dry and painted in 2 days.
    My deer heads need 2-3 weeks to dry.
    Can someone answer this for me.

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

it was edited for tv............

4. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Lots of entertainment....

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I mounted a deer Sunday afternoon, the customer will be picking it up tomorrow night (Tuesday), then again it is like an oven here down in Texas right now :)

6. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cwt

cwt Active Member

Let mine dry for at least 2 weeks. more humid up here. but even in the winter they sit that long.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

In the winter 'if' i wanna dry something quicker I put it in the showroom which is insulated like a cocoon and it dries in a few days. In the summer I let it sit overnight, next morning make adjustments & set it out on the deck where it's HOT and then at night put it in the work are where the air conditioner is blowing COLD, put it back out in the morning, bring it in at lunch and finish in the afternoon.

Don't know if it's the best or proper way, but it sure works :) LOL

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

[​IMG]

I think that lion is a little slow. :D

10. Going back to the original topic, I loved that show! I can only find up to episode 12 online though, was there anything after this? Need more, lol!

11. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    No more. It was cancelled and not renewed. Moving on ...

12. Russel is asking that everyone who is a fan of the show. Go to facebook/history channel and tell them you want the the show back.
    I for one liked the show, It was a show about something i love to do. (taxidermy) So if you want it back, go and voice your anger for the cancellation of the show.

13. LordRusty

Ohio
    Been there ... done that. As far as the network is concerned, it appears to be a dead issue.

14. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

As much as I would love to see it back, if the ratings don't support it, it will not be back. Its a shame but everyday America has no interest in what goes on in a taxidermy studio. They are into all this "reality" crap that is the farthest thing from reality!

15. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

I agree Ted

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

That show was just as "far from reality" as any other show I've seen.

Why is this a topic a year after the thread died?

17. LordRusty

Ohio
    Boredom?

18. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Lol, Cole it was still more realistic than some of this crap like Big Brother, survivor etc....

19. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

Mounted in Alaska won't be the last show about taxidermy/taxidermist...some networks still have an interest in what we do :) More to follow.... ;)