1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

to all the beggers

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by donkmstr, Apr 10, 2011.

1. smallfish

smallfish New Member

I will however say, if I don't have the money due to a previous purchase or because the money went to my car for gas, then I will either say I'm sorry or ask if you could hold the pelt or skin that I'm looking at.

2. Now thats just too funny right there LOL

3. teepeetommy

teepeetommy New Member

Funny !!! YES!

Sad? also. .. . .

He will throw a baseball ( my nephew) but when it comes to a bow, gun, hide, animal, dirt, wildlife and any other thing a normal "woodschild" does, he has no interest. . . (that I know of). . .

Damn those nintendos!

4. Thought I'd add to this "back to the beggers issue" I agree those of us who have been doing this for years know that everything costs money!
    and I have no problem with encouraging and helping out "newbies" but it bothers me when you offer someone something for a fraction of what it really costs and they still ask for more!! Don't look a gift cape in the mouth......it takes time to box this stuff up ship it etc. and still do our own work I wish they would just get a clue!

5. It all have to do with the "I deserve it" attitude that so many people have these days. I was raised if you want something you work for it. I have no problem asking a friend to help me with something, (i.e. Building fence, getting a load of fire wood) but I do get mad if they don't ask for my help with something later down the line.

6. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

That is just the way us old school thinkers are, it seems the "new" generation only know how to beg and ask "Whats your bottom dollar" on something that is allready a steal. It seems that they think we like to work for free and do taxidermy or trapping for charity.

7. I wonder if these people also ask the supply companies if they can get a form for cheaper because they had to put gas in their car and can afford the listed price.

8. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Or go to Walmart and ask for a new TV or grocery's.

9. I guess I'll add to this. Yes I do come from dA too, but I never would beg for anything or ask for something free. I actually came here to buy deer bones back a year ago since there was no other place I could fine a full set of ribs and vertebrates. It was something that I was taught growing up that if you want something, you either work for it or pay for it which is pretty much how it is for me now. Up to this point I have bought my taxidermy books myself or that my parents bought them as Christmas/birthday gifts for me which is very nice of them. But everything else, pelts, forms, supplies etc, all came out of my pockets and know when I can't afford something to not get it. I will say that during the Christmas season that I was very nice and was sending people scrap fur and other stuff for free. People need to understand that you can't take advantage of people's generosity.

Also that I find it funny that people think they can get for example a nice tanned taxidermy quality fox or deer cape and except that they are going to get it for $50 or less, don't work like that unless your getting one that needs a lot of work and that is pretty uncommon here. If people want to get cheap, cheap pelt, they can take a risk on eBay and get some unmountable fox. Basically if you don't have the money to get it, don't get it and save your money until you can.

I will add that someone on here was very generous and gifted me a raw deer cape months back (since I wanted to work on deer down this summer) and I had covered the shipping cost for it and was very, very grateful that they were nice enough to provide me a beginner cape that I could try my first deer with, and really appreciate it. I'm actually very excited to work on this cape in a month or two down the road.

10. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

Oh the can of worms has been opened..............but it's falling on deaf ears. Unfortunately you can't beat intelligence into some people. You just have to accept it as a product of our culture. Sure wish I had grown up 60 years ago.

BTW Bubba nice kitty! he he

11. Laurier

Laurier Active Member

can someone find it in their heart to gift me $1,000,000.00

well I had to try LOL!!!!!!!!!

12. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

ahh, janis joplin, " dear lord, give me a cadillac"

13. you could give them the caddy and a million bucks ,but they'd still ask for gas $

14. Bob! Get with it dude! It's a Mercedes Benz! LMAO!

15. bob wendt

lol, I`m getting old......

16. bubba z

bubba z New Member

Thanks Patrick for the pictures. It isn't just here. Seems like half the country is sitting around asking for free handouts. Heck they blame the economy for making them steal .it used to be the American way to work for what you have.

17. bob wendt

and it used to be a great embarassment to be on unemployment or food stamps or welfare of any type.

18. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

Hell I am embarrassed to ask for help... But with what is going on in my life and families life right now , I have to !! But my way of doing it is selling everything I have had saved for show room , or just extra in the freezer !! That i have bought with my hard earned money !!
    And I have guys saying whats your bottom dollar , or when the price is 400 and its tanned and all the prep work has been done and has matching horns and its half life size , GUYS HAVE THE GALL TO SAY WILL YOU TAKE 275 WHAT A INSULT !! ???
    I have been on here for 5 years and in the last year it has gotten horrible with these types of guys ... THEY NEED TO GO AWAY :mad:

19. skinner 12

skinner 12 Member

Right on Bob ldlife link=topic=261975.msg1816520#msg1816520 date=1302446854]
    if you dont have money at this time then wait till you do, so many people lately asking for handouts, other folks have it rough also and need to make a living.

i cant believe you would think youll get them given to you or cheap, and if you have money for a cyclops or 2 headed then youll have money for fetuses and still borns, i have fetuses and still borns as we speak but not for "cheap or free" so many people on here lately trying to get something for nothing and then i see them asking to buy something else. alot of these folks are trappers also selling here , everthing from a species is potentail profit , they need to make a living also.have soom pride

[/quote]

20. Hey anybody...I'm lookingfor a 175 class whitetail with a cape and a form. I'll pay for the eyes and earliners and of corse the shipping.