1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK #15-16,Year 5!

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Hi! 8)

I just can't believe all that stuff you posted last couple of weeks!!! Incredible work of art! I really mean that....if those birds get any better they surely can fly then! Its enormous pile of inspiration you all give here to us others in taxidermy field and also make us work and try better and better products all the time! I think we all remember the time when mounts were hit to the little piece of 2X4 and that's it. It's really nice to see that habitats are more important now and taxidermists really put a thought for the habitat.... Of course the BIRD is still the main object,but I surely enjoy the habitat also!!

Whoa...it wasn't easy to choose only one that really hit my eye. There were many mounts that I really enjoyed and mounts that make me feel happy to be a taxidermist! But somehow these two were a bit more to catch my eye than the others...

From first week I have chosen a mount by erik1! CONGRATS!!!! This is really a nice mount of Harlequin and I really like the seashore basework!! Stunning piece in every aspect! Tastefull mount to say least!!

From second week I've chosen (again) a work of Falco! CONGRATS!!! Have to say that Falco's skills in raptors are very high class!! And once again the basework is also stunning and tells you many things about the bird! :)

Have a nice couple of weeks and hope you all enjoy again with me here in BotW!!!! :D ;)

All the best... JP

Attached Files:

2. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Here is Falco's piece!

Attached Files:

3. babak

babak Active Member

wow,thank u JP!!perfect chooses ,however i know it wasn't very easy work choosing one of that bunch of great jobs.

Ben,really perfect work,congrats!

Erik nice job.congratulation.

4. congrats Erik

5. Wow! Some amazing work all right! Some tough choices for you JP!
    Here's a few Owls!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Nice owl's stormy!! Nice to see you too here!!

7. Pair of Buffies ...

Attached Files:

8. nate

nate Active Member

Great Choices JP! Love those falcons, my favorite bird of prey! Off to a great start already. Awsome work everyone! Hes me contribution.
    [​IMG]

9. daniel

daniel New Member

that falcon made the job a bit easier for you i believe jp nice harli too ;) daniel

10. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

nice teal Nate

11. Great choices JP! That falcon is amazing as is the Harlie. Here's my bird for this week. A Maine Eider.

[​IMG]

12. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Man, I love that Harley...Congrats! Here's the Aleutian version of Nate's very nice work!
    [​IMG]

14. Matt

Matt Active Member

Here is a couple I did a few weeks back.

Attached Files:

15. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Awesome start for a week again!!

16. Holy seaducks! Heres my contribution this week.

M.
    [​IMG]

17. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Thanks JP... you got my work the previous week, you should have chosen some body else this time ;),, thanks anyway.
    Nate ,just love your teal,, looks like its walking away from the camera,, great pose and scenery.,
    Mike,,this Hali is just SICK man,,, how can a duck mount be so perrrrrfect. its just incredibly groomed, dang it.
    cheers all

18. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Yeah,I know but I really don't care WHO has mounted the piece,I just look the mount! My choise's would be exactly the same if I don't see the names who has send the picture's... I still like to say that I'm not favoring anybody,I just pick the mount I like most of ALL those fine,impressive mounts!!!

Incredible mount Mike!

19. daniel

daniel New Member

you stick with your methods jp ;) ive allready picked mine and its only day one or two great teal rick and mike flawless harli besides the blue tape etc and weeds on the side if it was finished i would say harli of the week :eek: :eek: very nice all you other guys nice birds :eek: :eek: :eek: the best daniel

20. erik1

erik1 New Member

Thanks and what an honor to win with all the great work on here! Rick and Nate those teal are amazing! Great compositon!!! That harlie looks awesome too!