1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Delete please.

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Dark-Memory, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Dark-Memory

Dark-Memory Very sick but I'll be back in the future!

Delete please.

2. Re: Long Shot But....

first , you should wander threw the differ sections of this site and learn a little bit about it, secound you would of found a wanted section to post this.

3. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

Re: Long Shot But....

I have plenty of coyotes, full lifesize, back halfs, tails, and possums, and coons very cheap. none free, but cheap. what kind of money are you looking to spend?

4. Dark-Memory

I am not begging but I am not looking for high quality pelts to look for, I am looking to buy some beat up pelts for practicing. I realize everyone needs to make a living and I am not asking for free stuff. Do not bash me on my page cuz you do not like something I write. I am willing to pay reasonable prizes for abused pelts that you 'professionals' cannot read. With an attitude like yours I find it hard to believe you can make a living at anything, and as for arguing, if defending myself against an asshole who inserts his business into someone elses is considered pyscho behavoir, I feel sorry for you in the real world.The seller could simply name his price he wanted since he didnt have one listed or simply say no. I am not looking to fight with members, I hope in time to spend many years here and learn many things. Back off and learn some respect and I will be sure to do the same. As for grow up, you don't know me, you don't know my life, I am 22 years old, if thats the best response you can come up with you need to work on your maturity issues pal. And btw, this was supposed to go in "wanted" not my fault my broswer acted up.

5. Dark-Memory

I am basically not asking for pelts for free, I realize everyone needs to make their living. Coyotes are probably out of my price range and skill level and I would hate to ruin the beautiful pelts you spent time on. I would be interested in some coons, I can spend up to $45 on most of the smaller animal pelts for now and later I'll be back for more expensive, quality stuff.

6. Re: Long Shot But....

happy birthday have a great day ;)

7. bob wendt

I have a full lifesize coyote perfect and prime and select except for small rubs on the rear hip area. most would not even notice, for $35, perfect select coyotes are $45. I also have some coyote back halfs and about 25 coyote tails for cheap also possums for $25, and coons for $25, georgious full lifesize skunks for $35. this is all skinned with feet and totally mountable soft, or regular taxidermy. shipping anywhere in the u.s. is $18.70 and that includes priority, delivery confirmation and insulation and an ice pack. I can fit several hides in one box

8. bob wendt

forgot, also have a skinned full lifesize groundhog for $35. it was supposedly sold twice now and neither dipwad ever did send any money, or responmd to pm`s asking where is the money. .

9. Dark-Memory

I would interested in buying on of the coyotes off of you and most likely one skunk/coon. Would it be possible to receive images of your coyotes?

I have to laugh at your dipwad comment, I get that all to much on the horse forum, we actually have a good/bad sellers/buyers list and its so funny because in the sale section when people post they say "I am on the good buyer/sellers list!" Reminds me of ebay.

10. fishertrack

fishertrack New Member

PM sent

11. Re: Long Shot But....

I've got a huge coyote with a small slip on the snout. I think it's 56'' from nose to tail, dry tanned for convenience, $65 shipped, or you can make an offer.

12. bob wendt

go to the for sale side and type in my name in the search box at the top, then scroll down to the various ads run by me and you`ll find pictures( or representative) of about everything I have. they are excellent western specimens, january harvest and never even a bullet hole.

13. Dark-Memory

Will do, thanks!

14. MadeInUSA

MadeInUSA New Member

I believe taxidermy is the new "in" thing right now, so EVERYONE wants to get into taxidermy, because well, it's the "in" thing & apparently you can get some extra cash. "Plushies" are the new "in" thing too. As far as I can see, what was once ugly, disgusting, strange, unusual & viewed as a "lower" job is now COOL!!!! I understand that most people who had to study years to do this stuff and having to hop through hoops to find secrets or learn things the "hard" way are irritated new people waltz in and go "How do you haz tan dis here pelt?!" "I don't want to do step #2, can I..." questions, questions, questions, questions, when YOU as a new comer should be trying to find the answers. Nowadays, people lean towards coming in expecting answers ASAP, instead of doing research (come on children, we have this thing called, "the internet" and "google" or hell, wtf is this bounded two-piece board with paper inside?!)

Of course, I throw stupid questions once in a blue, BUT it's best to be respectful. Try not to give the old timers so much trouble - understand that they had to go through a LOT of trouble learning this amazing skill & all of a sudden, EVERYONE & their mother & their mother's grandmother's godson's nephew wants to do this. And they expect them (the oldies) to give up their secrets & to hold their hands. Blah blah blah. Best to snoop through the forum & learn, if you're really desperate, go through all your options, TRY to find the answers elsewhere... if you're screwed, then come & nag with questions ;) Remember, YOU are just another one of those persons who show up expecting them to be nice & friendly & than bombard them with the same questions that they've probably heard about a bajillion time that day/month/etc. Imagine if people continued to bombard you with the same question. I personally would beat them with a frozen critter. Or pan. Or pot. Or hell, a tree branch. Whatever is close around.

Taxidermy isn't a cheap hobby, it's not clean, it's not easy, it's a LOT of time, money, blah blah blah. MOST will drop out within time. So it's great you're interested in this, but as stated, read the above ;) BE NICE. BE RESPECTFUL. EVEN if they're a pain, swallow your anger & smile.

And to all you old timers, be nice ;) If it helps, she wants crap, you can get a few $$$ here & there from her. Sometimes it's better to bite your tongue, smile (no MATTER how hard it hurts) & sell your crap, then YOU have the money. I always feel better when I have money from someone else in MY hands. I'm a business person, maybe ONE of these newbies will actually turn into a full-fledge respectful taxidermist instead of do this for art, or blah, or moneys, or just to be "cool"

And please, don't use the "I'm in college, 22 years old, poor as sin" BS; we've all been there. I believe MOST teens up to in their mid-even later 20s are brain damaged. As much as you believe you're the ... rhymes with pit... you're not. You're using baby steps now, be patient, you are a greenhorn! Ever watch how much ... rhymes with spit... those greenhorns get? THEY ALWAYS MESS WITH THE GREENHORN ;) If you can live through it, you can get past it. If you can't, get out! You may not always have money, BUT use what you got. Go plead the pet stores to get their dead crap; really they'll give it to you. Seriously. Or throw them a couple $$$, you'll be crazy in their eyes, but who cares?

To business...
    I've got ermines, some sort of strange brown weasel creature things that appears to eat your toes at night and reptiles (rattlers, mini boas, etc.) as well as rodents (fancy) by the ton. Any interest? I've also got rats... gerbils, and some stupid roosters that crow at 3 am in the morning (ALL 22 of them).

15. Dark-Memory

LOL! Very well put, I'll shoot you a pm. Being in the horse riding business and even ranched a handful of times Ive seen the greenhorn affect! I know I have a bit of a temper and sometimes things come out wrong but I do always try to reconcile and if people put aside their differences than I will to.

My grandfather raised me and I usually get along alot better with people older than me than my own age so I guess getting a response like that was more of a shock and I acted in automatic defense, but if they're willing to start on a fresh foot than so I am.

I have browsed this forum quite a bit today and I actually rather hunt around and find stuff the hard way, builds character right? Sides, I feel alot more accomplished doing it myself, I guess excitement that after years of admiring I was finally acting on a dream. If my college had a taxidermy course I would be switching from fine arts to that but they don't so I'll make due to then.

And from browsing the different sections of this forum I saw that you guys seem to have alot of the "young, scene crowd kids" and frankly I think its sad. They all sound like they're just in it for easy money and dont give a rats but about anyone else. For me, I want to work with the fur, the flesh, the bone, I want to see what I can accomplish with my own hands while honoring the animal by making him whole again and then maybe later, if I get as good as you guys, help hunters honor their kills.

I think the soft plush mounts are a pretty cool idea but then again I am female and soft cuddly things appeal to use, what I dont like is how the folks from DA hound for whatever they can get, expect it to be high quality, and then go back, put some stuffing into it and sell it for three times the amount. Seriously, the coyote pelts you guys have on here are so beautiful and then the brats snatch them up and make them into a soft mount and sell them for $500. Maybe my ignorance has me wrong on price figures but to me thats a huge jump in price and it makes me want to shake my head at them and wish I could erase this forum from their memories. The sad thing is DA is made of mostly very young adults and they tear the community apart with drama, I really hope that doesnt come here but then again, you all are big bad hunters, trappers, I know some whiny kids won't get the best of ya.

And just because I say my age and my occupation doesnt mean I hope it gets me hand outs, Im willing to pay for pelts but Im just trying to be honest that my skill level is at zero and I dont want to buy your beautiful pelts and ruin them, which is why I asked for pelts which are a lil abused or torn, non professional stuff.

And if I ever talk like that, diz that and fer sure diz, you have me permission to shoot me. Dear God!

Okay, I got off topic, I apologize, again, I'll shoot ya a message. :)

16. Dark-Memory

Honestly, that is a bit out of my price range right now and I'm not going to try and low ball anyone on here but I will definitely look you up when I've got cash in hand for stuff thats over $45. :) Thank you for posting.

17. Re: Long Shot But....

Alrighty. ;)