1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ANOTHER STUDENT FROM TAXIDERMY WORKSHOPS

Discussion in 'Training' started by timberlandtaxidermy, Jan 18, 2009.

1. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

I had the pleasure of doing a one on one workshop with Justin Parduhn.
    This is the first head he has ever mounted. He was a great student who took lots of notes and photos of the whole process.
    Congratulations, Justin!

If you're interested in learning gameheads one on one, vist my website at www.taxidermyworkshops.com

Shawn Dawson

2. timberlandtaxidermy

This is my latest student.
    Justus Hilbig from Great Falls, MT just completed a two week gamehead course.
    He completed a whitetail and a mule deer. (his first stab at taxidermy)
    Congratulations Justus!

If you're interested in my courses, check out my website at www.taxidermyworkshops.com

Shawn Dawson

3. godawgsrw

godawgsrw New Member

Shawn / Justus very nice work! Congratulations!

4. What a blast it was!!! Like living a dream for two weeks!! Shawn my hat goes off to you and your workshop. Shawn is truly a master! Take Shawn's workshop it is well worth it! Thanks again Shawn!

5. timberlandtaxidermy

I spent last week with Jason Hatz from Rochester, Minnesota mounting a lifesize coyote with open mouth.
    This was Jason's first stab at a lifesize and first open mouth.

This was Jason's second time to come train with me.
    He came in 2007 for my Gamehead workshop.

Congratulations on your coyote, Jason!

Shawn Dawson

6. bucksnort25

bucksnort25 New Member

http://hatzman.smugmug.com/photos/563873663_NFayQ-L.jpg

try this link

7. timberlandtaxidermy

My most recent student was Dale Atherley from Sherwood Park, Alberta.
    Dale had some prior expierience with gameheads, but this was his first lifesize.
    He started with a front elevated mannikin and turned it into a decending one. He also had to alter for size as well.
    After the goat was mounted he worked on the habitat.
    This entire piece was done by Dale. I mounted another goat along side him.
    It proved to be a challenge for him, but after it was all done he was pretty stoked!

Congratulations Dale!

Shawn Dawson

Attached Files:

8. swamp buck

swamp buck New Member

very good looking goat dale. congrats.....

9. All of that sewing paid off Dale. That looks awesome! You did a great job with ol' scar face. Congrats!

10. Shawn is an awesome teacher, I couldn't have done this piece without his guidance.
    Thanks again for everything Shawn.

11. timberlandtaxidermy

You're very welcome, Dale. it was a pleasure!

12. Thanks swamp buck

13. Thanks Justus, Will catch up wih you next time I'm down.

14. Shawn, Shawn, Shawn. How have you been lately? Heard anything from, Youknow, whats his name ah, Stan,Stewart Oh yea, Steve? Just opened up full time a month or so ago. Things are pretty slow. Of course I haven't advertised yet being, Season is over. Good to see you on-line. Take care.
    Hairy Perch

15. timberlandtaxidermy

Good to hear from ya, Bruce!

Congrats and good look with going full-time.

16. timberlandtaxidermy

I just finished up this last week instructing Ernie Glenn on a whitetail gamehead.
    Ernie is from Coaquille, Oregon, and I actually met him in Klamath Falls, Oregon last summer where I judged gameheads and lifesize.
    Ernie had 2 life size pieces in the show as well as a mule deer shoulder mount.
    Ernie paid attention to the critiques I gave him. He did alright considering this was his second competition after he went to an 8 week taxidermy course.
    I could tell he wanted to learn more.....
    Long story short, Ernie came to my one on one workshop.
    I don't know how many pictures or how many notes he took, but when he left here, he said his brain was fried. ;D
    By the looks of his mount he worked on here, I could tell he paid attention.
    He's planning on competing this June at the Western Regionals in Klammath Falls, Oregon. (with a new head, of course)
    Hopefully his one on one training will pay off. ;)

Congrats on your whitetail Ernie. And good luck in Oregon!

If your interested in one on one training for gameheads or lifesize, check out www.taxidermyworkshops.com
    Shawn

Attached Files:

17. Cameraman

Cameraman New Member

nice looking deer....

18. Good Job Ernie! Went together nicely. Is that a 125lb deer??????? Just kidden. It turned out awesome. Picture doesn't do it justice.

19. timberlandtaxidermy

Justin Parduhn, from Highland Utah came up this past week for some one on one mammal instruction.
    Justin attend my game head workshop last year, and this time he wanted to do a lifesize with habitat.
    Lots of long days, but I think he did great for his first life size piece.

Congratulations, Justin!

If you're interested in my one on one workshops, please visit www.taxidermyworkshops.com

Attached Files:

20. timberlandtaxidermy

Kerwin Schetter from California was my recent student, and he elected to take the gamehead, lifesize and habitat course.
    Kerwin had no prior experience and wanted to start from scratch.
    We covered proper skinning , fleshing, tanning all the way to the final touches.
    He mounted an open mouth bear rug, 2 gameheads, a lifesize badger, and a lifesize coyote which started out as a standing coyote with a closed mouth. He then altered the coyote into an aggressive pose with an open mouth.

Kerwin proved to be a very good student, as he took a TON of notes and a lot of pictures.
    I had a blast teaching him and he was also a pretty cool guy!
    Good luck, Kerwin!

If you're looking to jump-start your taxidermy career, check out my site at www.taxidermyworkshops.com

Attached Files:

• ker.JPG
      ker.JPG
      File size:
      108.5 KB
      Views: