1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Well it happened today. The groupies are circling.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Justin P., Apr 21, 2011.

1. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

In light of all these taxidermy reality shows. I joked to a taxidermy friend that the groupies would be hanging out at are shops. Sure enough a young man (not the groupy I had in mind) showed up, resume in hand. He was looking for employment after seeing the reality shows. He decided taxidermy was for him. No experience outside of field dressing an animal. We chatted a bit and he left. I did call him back and left a message that he could help with a HOAL moose if he wanted to get his hands dirty. Anyone else getting calls or visits?

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I've seen...........

I've seen more of my "non-taxidermy" friends on FB talking about, but no lurkers. I already have friends that want to learn.

Kerby...

3. I have had a person stop in the shop. We started talking. Then I said " you watched Mounted in Alaska didn't you?" The answer was yes. We had a laugh and then he left. You can sure tell people are watching.

4. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I can see Alec Baldwin now, "I"m not a taxidermist but I played one on TV." LOL

5. I wish we lived closer, I would love to help you with that guy. :'(

6. we are moving the shop and getting a nonlisted phone number!

7. wildwings

wildwings New Member

I had a college aged female that wanted to come watch the process however I had to turn her down. However if you live in MN and want a visitor I will try and find the info again. To be honest she sounded nice in the email however since I work out of the home by night I didn't feel comfortable with doing that. Please skip the comments about the college aged girl !

8. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Good only comes from positvity. I have no problem letting someone help / observe with a project like that. He went to every shop in the area and was told no.

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Justin P.

"I"m not a taxidermist but I played one on TV."

Almost like my signature. ;D

Kerby...

10. Kuzky3

Kuzky3 New Member

MN
    Was thinking as a read it how i could responed, but you asked for no comments.

11. I spent an hour this morning with clients talking about MIA. They at least understood that it was "made for tv". But it ate up an hour of productivity.

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

The groupies only see the clean part of what we do watching the show. Tell the next one to skin and flesh a skunk if they really want to know what we do :D

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yep, they're starting to show up in my shop too :-/

[​IMG]

14. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I know I've taken in a bunch of work since the first show aired. And gge talk on Alaska specific hunting forums isn't good either. most bring up the subject when they come to drop or pick up. I don't comment good or bad.

Haven't been as lucky as mp though.. My wife would kick my ass if she came home and I had a hottie helping me out.. Lady spring I had a hottie drop off a bear she killed by herself.. Took everybit of concentration I had while checking her stuff in. Pick up was worst..

Dam mp.. Im jelouse

15. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

MP, now those are the groupies I was hoping for. Taxidermy rock star type groupies. They haven't come out of hybernation up here yet.

16. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Those shorts are short..

17. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

If you didn't want us to make comments on the collage age female, why did you mention the age or gender.

18. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

I forgot all about the college aged girl when I saw MP's picture. Short little thing but DAMN!!

19. wildwings

wildwings New Member

I guess to make you jealious ! ;D

20. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    I had a groupie once hanging around..................so I married her! ;) :eek: