1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Just watched Mounted in Alaska

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Shawn73, Apr 21, 2011.

1. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    makes for good reference

2. RTF

RTF Active Member

ROTFLMAO !

3. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

It is the same eland but it doesnt look like its in the competition because the backdrops look different. It was an SCI banquet and all the big wigs bring their trophys to display and show off so I'm sure there was alot of knights work there on display that clients brought that were attending the SCI.

4. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Being one of the largest shops in Anchorage - if not the largest - he brought a lot of shop mounts to decorate "the hall". All those mounts they were loading into that truck were not all competition pieces, many were basically "filler". Makes sense as he seemed to be coordinating the event for SCI. It made for a nice display!

It reminded me of the 'Sensory Safari' I participated in with several other Ohio Taxidermists. We all brought mounts for the blind children and adults to experience, and "see" with their hands. It was pretty cool too.

John.

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I read this earlier in the day and had to come back tonight and read it again.....both times I have laughed my ass off!

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Yes, but in the future..........

But in the future, that guy has to enter THAT mount in the Collective Artists Division.

;D

Kerby...

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

i did not like the leopard at all.....after the form was cut up the pose looked horrible as did the mouth and eyes....i do enjoy the show though , its entertaining

8. strub

strub New Member

One thing the show is showing is the cost involved. People that have never had anything done kind of get an idea what they can expect to pay.

9. trophy mtn.

trophy mtn. find us on FB (trophy mountain taxidermy).

for everyone who made a stink on my comment with my bear, it was for fun, does no one see the lol at the end. i know that when a mount is wet it should be out of the scoreing bracket. i wish that it had been DQ'ed so i could compete it this june. JEEEEEESH!!!!!! i am actually surprised at all the people on here that get "butt hurt" over things.. and again i want every one on here to see the LOL!!! or LMAO!!! because these forums make me laugh. my piece of advice to all is , " if you dont have enough drama in your life by watching this show, just get on here .. theres plenty to go around.. and again, the LOL!!!!!! if not try to visit a juges web site and see thier personal work, there again. LOL!!!!! boy i think i wore out my L and O key pads on this one.

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

You soooooooo funny,,, posting a fake coverup.

11. I enjoy the show, its entertaining and that is all it is. This is TV land. Yes we at my shop talk about it, but then we all agree it has served it's purpose, it is entertaining. We are finally out of the closet and people can see some of the mystery that has been hidden for too long.

12. RTF

RTF Active Member

Coverup ? Did I miss something ?

13. nitt

nitt Member

I dont mind show but I have been adding alot of drama in my shop to make my customers realize how extremely taxing things are to do. And I think I gotta get shop up there hes making BANK

14. There is no way a piece can dry in two days!! They are giving the public false information!

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Well dhaaa,, the show is a half hour long. Do you want the camera to stay on the mount for two weeks to watch it dry?

16. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

No, But why not say, Ok this will be done in a month. And not make it look like it's done in a couple days. And have the guy sleep on the couch . Never mention tanning. It's amazing how everything comes in already tanned.

17. Sashakittythegreat

Sashakittythegreat Beginner Taxidermist(2 mounts down)

I really liked the look of that sitting howling yote's face they had for some reason.

18. trophy mtn.

trophy mtn. find us on FB (trophy mountain taxidermy).

fake cover up???? mr. friendly, who do you think i am? super man??( JOKE ). not.. i am just a self taught taxidermist that has been mounting everything since 1984. i was 12 years old and now turning the prime age of 42 this month. i enjoy seeing all the spectacular mounts on here, as well as helping out the new guys/ galls. it seems that a few bad seeds are here to just dramatise this whole taxi-net. if anyone has a question find me on FB,. there you can see my work. friend me if you like and comment on my mounts. i am the true artist that loves crituiqes, but you better know your sh*t.. oh, and by the way i totally missed the show on thursday because i was at my tannery finnishing up some flat hides to go out till midnight western time.. priorities.. ;) and oh, i almost for got...LOL- LOL..

19. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

It is a tv show, it is all scripted to fit a half hour format, with as much bloops and blunders as they can scheme up. Notice how much "trouble" each job can be if this or that goes wrong? They embellish everything, they are now actors pretending to be taxidermist,, or the other way around. Customers bring in tanned skins because they are set up to do that, the customers are actors too, gawd, get a clue.

trophy mountain, who rattled you chain? It wasn't me.

20. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I had a couple of customers come in this weekend come in to pick up mounts and they asked if I watched the show. I told them I like it. They said they like it, but they think it's funny how the show adds stuff that's obviously fake. I agreed and they went on to explain how the drama and Russ getting fake and them being able to do mounts so fast is obviously fake. They know someone who knows the guy from West Coast Choppers (I think that's the name) and they said the guy on there is very nice and never yells except on the show when they tell him to. My guess is that most people can spot what's fake and what's not. They have to do something to make whatever they are mounting seem like they are doing something really unusual, instead of the same stuff they always do. It's just like on Cake Boss, Pawn Stars, and all the other shows. It's all about how they present it.