1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

249 1/8" of Antler

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Alaskataxidermy, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Alaskataxidermy

Alaskataxidermy New Member

Looking forward to putting this mount together. Best moose we have ever had in the shop. He tapes right at 70", and he has been scored.
    Mark.

Attached Files:

2. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

That's a big moose, hey your out in dillingham right?

3. WOW! Thats nice!

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

That's a Moose of a Moose!

5. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

DANG!!!! That is SAWEET!!!

6. FIELD2FOREVER

FIELD2FOREVER The more I learn, The more I don't Know!!

I don't want to post hi-jack, but I have a quick question on this. Having never done a moose, I sometimes worry on The Elk I have done about cutting the skull cap down for mounting on the form, and having the weight of the antlers break it. I fill the brain cavity with bondo, and use some epoxy sculpt around the skull cap instead of clay to help strengthen, I've never had a problem it's just done as a precautionary measure. Do you do anything special on moose, especially one of this size to keep from having problems.... or am I just being anal worrying about it??

7. Alaskataxidermy

This bull was cut way down as you mentioned, we will use Kitty Hair long strand fiberglass for skull cap rebuild, also bedding skull cao on form in same material. Remaining skull cap is in good shape, dry and no rot.
    M

8. wow awesome moose!

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

That's a NICE bull. Please post a finished pic. It's only gonna take you a WEEK right?? ;) You are in Alaska and we've seen how fast mounts get done there!! ;D

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I would say the customer should be able to pick it up yet today.

11. Is this a recent kill or something someone has had hanging around for a while ?

12. Holy cow that a brute. I love the drain in your floor that would be so handy!

13. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict So many whitetails...So little time!

Wow! That's impressive! :)

14. AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!

15. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

16. Alaskataxidermy

Dennis,
    It a customers bull, makes the 65"on the wall look small.
    M.

17. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Yep that one has "everything" going for it. Great looking moose antlers, going to make a heck of a mount.