1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

And away we go............. the 20 something point buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Apr 22, 2011.

1. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Not too shabby for a Hack ;)
    Nice job, Mike.

2. Ok might be a stupid question...but whats the syringe for?

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Very Nicely done Michael.

4. highlander

highlander "There can be only One"

Lookin GOOD my friend

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Work interrupted by food call.... I sure hope I get this damn thing done tonight! LOL

Happy Easter everybody, I'll post finished deer pics tomorrow....
    [​IMG]

6. michael p.

Ate like a FOOL and came back and finished up for the evening. The face is still a little wet, but I git it adjusted pretty good, probably 15 more minutes in the morning on the eyes and i'll set him outside to dry.....in this wind he'll be completle dry by Tuesday evening.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also unbagged and adjusted an aoudad I mounted Thursday night (I know :p LOL) He goes with the pedestal mount as does another whitetail wall pedestal. This aoudad had some UGLY rubs!! Just old with big ol horns. I was going to cut them out, sew them and make him a pretty aoudad (that's what so many want) but something stopped me and I thought better and called the rancher who in turn called the hunter and the hunter said "DO NOT FIX IT!" LOL too the rancher. The age and roughness is what made him take him....so this is a rough ol' brute gonna go out

[​IMG]

7. Brandon M.

Brandon M. New Member

Lookin good Michael, I like the ruff cape on the Audad.

8. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I can't believe you can dry a mount in two days. Must be a dry heat! LOL!

9. michael p.

Right now you better bag EVERYTHING or the next day it is not adjustable!!

It's the closest thing I could find to pin the bag on!! :) LOL

10. WFT

WFT New Member

thats one rough looking hide on that aoudad. Hard to believe the hunter used that in his decision other than he thought he was a BRUISER. Good looking mounts no doubt.

11. Awesome awesome mounts Mike.How long do you keep the clay on the incision ?

12. Good job Michael. Nice mounts..
    Kevin

13. LOL :D i thought i was gonna learn something... what ever works though.

14. michael p.

Sorry, done the best I could, kinda tough to hold the camera, sew and tuck all at the same time. I could just take pics after i went, not as i go. Guess I should have left a video tape running and then sent it off and paid Joe Kulis to edit it. The only time I could do actual hands on wad when I had the customer in when I was foaming.

But I am looking forward to the one you mount and post pictures of progress on next week (remember you said you would) hopefully it will turn out much better than this. We appreciate you doing it though. Monday... right???? Cant wait to see your progression tutorial. Thanks again.

15. zubba

zubba Active Member

You douche. This is the stuff that burns my a$$. MP didn't have to do this. And it is comments like this that might prevent him from doing it in the future. I'm sure your whopping 40-some posts have all been helpful tutorials...right. Wow, some people's kids.

16. X2

17. Nice work MP lots of great tips!

18. jimhow

jimhow Member

Hey guys, I think OK was replying to this:

"Ok might be a stupid question...but whats the syringe for?"

"It's the closest thing I could find to pin the bag on!! LOL"

19. zubba

zubba Active Member

If so, I apologize.

20. RTF

RTF Active Member