1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

And away we go............. the 20 something point buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Apr 22, 2011.

1. FIELD2FOREVER

FIELD2FOREVER The more I learn, The more I don't Know!!

Nifty post M.P. It was like a Rick Carter Video, but not lol. This week on "Mounted in Texas"......... ;)

2. buckcrazy

buckcrazy New Member

great post Mike. I'm glad people like you take the time to post tutorials like this I know its time consuming and not easy. I personally thank you for all your posts and taking the time to try and help others. Great job !!!
    thanks again, Mike.
    by the way how close are those fires down there to your place?

3. Brandon M.

Brandon M. New Member

I don't know if anyones said it yet, but I nominate this for the tutorial section.

4. WFT

WFT New Member

Anyone notice that Michael didnt even put those shorts on and have his picture taken in them. I just want to know did he really like the shorts? ???>>> ;D

5. As do I, if that was it.

6. Thats exactly what i was replying too... I have been watching this from the start and its freaking awesome... I am a newbie and was just asking a seriuos question and was only replying to the reply to me. Apologies accepted for those who offered it, lol... i guess i should have been specific on what i was replying too

Brant

7. jimhow

jimhow Member

Cool, glad that's settled! lol There are some on here that seem to rip on MP's tuts, one in particular, stopped MP from doing this for a while. A lot get pretty defensive when they think someone's bashing.

Great job MP, and thanks!

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

My appoligies also....to be honest I wish it was more indepth, i'm a little dissapointed myself but Kyle my employee is in flight school and i'm like a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest, can't really get more in depth and I got griped at the other night after the backing part for bringing my iphone home covered in dry rock mix :) okhunter, we gotta teach you how to use the quote button :) LOL

I gotta skin a bunch of pheasants today but I'll get on it here and there and post any updates. It'll be finished by LATE wednesday night, the ears are already to dry to adjust anymore.....friggin Texas air!

9. Thanks for finding it though... i was reading thinking what the Hell did i do... i was pretty sure i wasnt bashing anyone. I am the last person that would do that, i do have the expertise, or the personality to rip on someone elses work. But anywho, i will pay better attention to what I say and GREAT JOB MP, hope my post didnt ruin your day man.

10. michael p.

Of course not, it was just the first thing I saw Monday morning and as I said, I am wishing it would have been more indepth........it's all good, sorry the syringe in the bag trick didn't work! :) LOL

11. michael p.

During lunch I colored those small rocks I made from the excess mix to the exact color of the backing. I also am going to put in a BEAUTIFUL casted javelina eaten cactus made by KERBY ROSS (will paint tomorrow). I also have real cactus that I will take the splines off of and attach to the cast. I got dried grass for south Texas habitat and am going to lay javelina hairs at the base off it taken from an old cape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

This is a great post! Thanks for taking the time to post this, I enjoy following it!

13. cwt

cwt Active Member

I wish my deer would dry that fast. I have had a buck mounted for about 2 weeks now and I can still move the ears around. It has rained evry day for the past week or more here.

14. I would be patient on the drying if i could get my deer to look that good...

15. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Thanks for posting MP! I'm a beginner and love learning as much as a can.

16. Jeff Z

Jeff Z New Member

Here
    Mike where did you get the Texas trophy plate made?

17. Probably up here in Oklahoma, lol

18. Awesome Mike,I wish the heck you were closer so I could go to a class.This is one heck of a beautiful job thanks for sharing.
    Ron

19. michael p.

A girl at the printing company makes them for me. i take her a bottle of Muscadine wine ever so often as a thank you and she kicks ass with whatever project I bring her

20. Great job Mike! i know everyone knows this but mike is always lending his time and knowledge to those that need it. Thing's like this, his video, etc that really take up alot of time and effort on his part just to make our business's and hobbies grow and produce one of a kinda artistic creations is amazing. He doesn't have to do any of this he could be putting this time into his own work but instread he is helping us create better work. I called him one night and he answered his phone in the treestand! really! True dedication! Thanks mike you are an outstanding character in my book and i really appreciate the help you've given me and the rest of us. But this thanks isn't limited to mike at all, its everyone here, all great people with alot of knowledge. - Scott