1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Live mink

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Rhasputin, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Does anyone know of any mink fur farms, or mink breeders in general that sell live animals?
    I'd prefer if someone bred them as fur, and pets kind of like some fox breeders, and raccoon breeders do, but I'm looking for a live mink. Somewhere on the east coast would be best, but can afford live shipping.

Thanks. :)

2. BluesEyes

BluesEyes Thylacine & Taxidermy Freak

I know this is an old post but I'm also looking for some live mink on the east coast(preferably near florida) :)

3. Still looking! Let me know if you get any leads. :)

4. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

here is a lead. don`t know if he still has his mink. but call tim at 812-343-9066. tell him bob wendt sent you and you want to buy some mink kits.

5. Bob! You're amazing, thanks so much!
    I'll give him a ring as soon as I can, where is he located?

EDIT: Just checked the Area code, Indiana. Check. :D

6. BluesEyes

I tried multiple times and no one picked up and no voice mail or anything :\ Does he have an email or website?

7. Blues, if we have to get a shipment, we can split the cost.
    I have friends in Georgia, and I can probably get them from here to Georgia for free via caravan, lol.
    That would make shipping a hell of a lot easier on both our wallets. ;)

8. BluesEyes

How much is the shipment? :) It sounds good ;)

9. Well, I've shipped live animals before and it's usually between $200 and $300. Plus the crate cost, and the cost of the animals. So splitting it, if we find someone and can work something out, would be great. ;)

I haven't been able to reach Tim with that number either, though. :/

10. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

hope you have a lot of land and no close nieghbors...lol....I've kept live mink before and it dont smell good

11. Well I only want one or two, I expect they small just awful. :D

12. What do you want live mink for?

13. I hear they make fabulous pets. ;)

14. you can try www.exoticanimalsforsale.net or there was a time i know that the Michigan State University raised mink on one of their farms around campus

15. Probably just easier to get a ferret from the pet store.

Bruce

16. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

mink do make cool pets, and a longtail weasel is even cooler. but you`ll have to get it very young, still nursing, to be real tame. ranch mink pelts are all over $100 each this last nafa sale, so I imaqgine for a mink rancher to get you one out of a nest box would be real pricey.

17. Yeah, I'm sure. I was figuring they might run around the same price as a good quality ferret. Anywhere from $100-$300 a piece. Less for fixed ones, more for whole I'd guess.

18. Muskycowboy

Muskycowboy New Member

Your birch slabs are on the way ....But seriously mink a good pet...You must want to bleed quite often I just hope the thing doesn't maim you for life... been there done that...mink is no friend..and if you think yer gonna get rich raising mink for pelt $ take your wallet turn it upside down over the toilet empty contents flush toilet do a crazy dance and profits will erupt bountifly...If that doesn't work follow the bear poop w/ pointy stick

19. I know of a mink farm here in Pennsylvania. Not sure if they would ship any but maybe a pickup would work. They pull a good penny for live ones but I can check into it for you as long as no laws are broken with sale or shipping.

20. They have white grey and fawn colors.