1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy school in Los Angeles, CA. None, My question...

Discussion in 'Training' started by ParlimantMember, Apr 24, 2011.

1. I havent been able to find any taxidermy schools in the Los Angeles area or even California. I found one in Oregon searching this site. Too far, too expensive...

I did find some taxidermy shops in the Los Angeles area.

Well my questions is... How could I approach these businesses and offer them my free labor for the opportunity to learn the art? non paid internship.

For the people with shops would you even consider this or just brush it off? Thank you in advance.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area need a helping hand during the weekends?? ;D

2. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Your offer of "free help" isnt really free... Its going to cost the taxidermist ...because where they normally just do their work, now they must slow down and explain to you what they are doing and why... Basically being your teacher..

Your best bet is to offer to pay someone to teach you...

3. Troy Rose

Troy Rose Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

PM Sent

4. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I heard Jesse James is starting a taxidermy school in LA..He has mounted about everything in the area! ;D good luck in your search you may want to consider a school and be away from home for a short period of time as well as join your state association. be picky in choosing a school if you take that route!

5. lavydavi555

lavydavi555 New Member

In the weekend i will try to help you in free time but i am not sure how can i help you. I think we have to arrange a meeting.
    What you think?

6. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

I thought their was to many Tree Huger's in the LA basin....

7. allis

allis Member

Here you go: http://www.preytaxidermy.com/collections/classes

8. DavidsonT

DavidsonT Member

We offer taxidermy classes in Ca.Check out our website-fishmount.com

9. crawlspace

crawlspace New Member

Just wanted to say that I attended Allis Markham's class and it was wonderful. I'd highly recommend it, she is great.