1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mounted in Alaska - You simply can't cure stupid

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Apr 25, 2011.

1. WFT

WFT New Member

Where is the beating a dead horse iconwhen you need it!

2. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

They said they didn't like the freaking cat!! Even the JUDGE said the cat was BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON THE TV SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Knight has endured pain????????? RJ Simingtons critique was harsher than ANYTHING said HERE!!!

My gawd people, now i'm on these damn posts......WTF &^^%*^&%*^%*&^&*()(_)(*&^%$^&*)

I don't know if there are posts that are invisible to me....but I don't see people slamming the show, i see them complainiing about unrealistic mounting and finishing times (it's TV PEOPLE!) and an ugly cat.....that's all!! if that's cruel i'm Donald Duck....and no damn duck pictures! :p LMAO

PS...when ANY Taxidermists puts his work out to the public, whether it be national television, competition, on these boards...anywhere, anytime you do this job for a living you have put it out to be critiqued! If you don't want a critique (ie opinion) put it in your basement!

4. linder

linder New Member

I for one like the show ,I like this site it should be a show, I mean it's got Drama, Suspense and Comedy [ what some of you posted about ''the bigfoot sighting's and the one where the guy stretched the neck of that deer with the snake stretcher, was funny as heck, I LOVED it ] I know there is a lot of things said and a lot of critiquing done about ''ALASKA'' but that's what happens here. we ask for it ,there's a post telling us how to down lowed our pictures so that they can be critiqued, and those comment are usually always done with very nice and helpful words of encouragement. I'm sure no one on here wants the show to go off ,and 'I'm sure everyone on here appreciates M.R. KNIGHT position on letting cameras film him his staff and business ,he probably had to really think hard about the way it would be perceived buy the public and the taxidermy industries altogether.so there's has been some comments and judging made on here about the show , that's to be expected whenever a group of pepole get together that are doing the same work. But I have noticed that neither M.R. KNIGHT or any of his pepole have got on here and tryed to get into a pissing match with anyone, shows a lot of class ,anyhow I hope the show and this site go on for a long ,long time to come.

5. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Quote's from George about the "other" show.

What do you think the suppliers are going to do? Hire someone to inspect every form for bubbles? How much extra do you think that will cost us in forms. It was a dumbass show with bigger dumbasses representing YOU AND ME.

So Joe, is that the way you work? Reality shows aren't real anyway, but this wasn't the freakin "Survivor" and it would SEEM they could have had three realistic taxidermists on there. Fuchs was the biggest disappointment. He LOOKED professional when it started but he got struck with the dumbass ax when the cat lady walked in.

Trust me Rich when I tell you I'm not cut out for that. I'm not into drama. I though Fuchs milked the lion at the expense of the suppliers. He bitched about EVERYTHING and then did that stupid assed CAT. And I'm sorry, but all that alteration all with BONDO??? Not tha drop of expandable foam in joints. How the hell can you bend that gator tail without foam. PULEEZE. Fuchs bitched about suppliers and that the eyes were not matching but then swapped them and they worked perfect. Go figure.
    All it did was fortify my original feelings: taxidermists are the dumbest people in the world. Can you just IMAGINE anyone having a customer so "valuble" they'd promise a bear IN THREE DAYS? I want to know how the hell he tanned that hide PROPERLY and got a form in that time. Dumbasses. I just fear that those programs are going to "educate" our customers in the wrong way. No wonder we get no respect.

6. Damage

Damage Pull the wool over your own eyes!

I'll completely disagree with George's initial assessment of the situation. I'm also expanding on Storylady and Lonewolf's posts.

Look at the ratings from the show's premier to now.

April 7, 2011

Mounted in Alaska (HIST, 10pm)
    - 2.331 million viewers
    - 1.5/3 HH
    - 1.0/3 A18-49

Mounted in Alaska (HIST, 10:30pm)
    - 1.999 million viewers
    - 1.3/2 HH
    - 0.9/2 A18-49

April 14, 2011

- 2.010 million viewers
    - 1.3/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49

- 1.693 million viewers
    - 1.1/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49

April 22, 2011

- 1.786 million viewers
    - 1.1/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49

- 1.473 million viewers
    - 0,9/2 HH
    - 0.6/2 A18-49

If people aren't watching, advertisers aren't buying time and the network doesn't make money. THAT is all that matters. They give less than a rat-fart about "negative internet publicity." That's a red herring that so many here are chasing like lemmings running toward the cliff.

It's also pretty funny that taxinet was blamed (in this thread) for the negative internet publicity and the thin ice the show is on. TIME TO RISE UP!!!

7. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    This is just an observation, but it show's the viewer's are there but it's Russell that's doesn't like the industry feedback.
    Everybody bash's the self proclaimed cat guy , but did you ever stop and think what there saying is scripted for tv drama like
    everything else that's going on. I don't have a clue just my opinion.

8. JustinNH

JustinNH New Member

geeze. Im pretty dissapointed FX's Archer doesnt have more viewers. Funny show right there.

9. Damage

Damage Pull the wool over your own eyes!

The math works out to a 23% decrease in viewers in just 3 weeks for the 10:00 showing. I'm sure the numbers would stabilize if given enough time, but time is money!

10. RTF

RTF Active Member

10 pm is too late to be on. Without the DVR I probably would not even be watching it.

11. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

x2

12. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    But you can watch it anytime online. ;)
    http://www.history.com/shows/mounted-in-alaska/videos#mounted-in-alaska-predator-vs-prey

Enjoy the show! ;D
    John.

13. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

I still want to here from George on how he can bash one show and defend another? Maybe that is why he decided not to respond anymore to this thread. Me thinks he made an oops. :eek:

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

My guess would be that the other show was a one time thing.

15. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

X3

16. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama

"For every idle word, thou shalt give account" Book of RonB.......chapter one .....verse one!

Sucks to have a mouth don't it! ;) ;D ;D

17. I enjoy the show, this is "television", or in another word "entertainment". Somebody finally was asked to open there doors to the general public and reveal the mystery that go on in a Taxidermy shop. We all have arrived,and we should say a thank you to Russell. "Thank You Russell. "

18. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Its a nice break when George vows to sit out on a topic..............If we could only get him to do so more often.................................

19. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

MP where's my $20???????????????????????????????????? Cash only! LOL