1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mounted In Alaska-The Pop Tart Poll

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Apr 25, 2011.

1. yes

25 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. no

64 vote(s)
    79.0%
  1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Here is a new poll and you are allowed to vote up to 500 times. Have you ever eaten a pop tart while watching the show???

Wait, some of you think this is stupid ::) ??? It's no more stupid then the crap going on about this show. I have kept humor about it......but it's just too much!

First of all, if you like the show, sing it's praises! Tell everybody and enjoy it. If you hate the show, do not bite your tongue, express it!! My gawd i'm sick and damn tired of hearin "support it, it's your industry"...............WELL I got one thing to say about that......Support Obama, shut up your complaints and realize "he's the president of OUR COUNTRY" (don't like that $hit now do you??? But it's the same thing SAME analogy!)

Seriously, a frigging taxidermy show is neither going to help nor hurt your business or this industry. If you are a cheap ass, you will still be a cheap ass.....if you are getting in 400 heads, next year if your work stays consistent you'll probably get 400 heads again......this show will NOT sway educated customers......jeezus!

And all this crap about shutting up and eating our own.......give me a friggin break. i bought that brain washing bull $hit for about 5 minutes and then I realized....whomever wins a World Champion Title next week will have to listen to those who appoint themselves "better than him/her" cry about how they "really didn't deserve it" I'm sure at the Texas Show we'll have to listen to the same old crap drug up that somebody is cheating. You will have that crap at every turn......but yet we want to worry about a damn television show ::)

i like the show and I see good mounts and not so good mounts. Walk into ANY Taxidermy shop in America and you will see the same thing, good and bad.......but the one thing you won't see is the peoples rights infringed on when it comes to making and choosing THEIR OWN OPINION.

I am really dissapointed by many including my dear, dear friend George and even my great friend Dennis. 2 people who have always prided themselves on speaking their mind are now telling others to shut up about a subject we all hold near and dear to our heart....Taxidermy. BFF George, flip the script and turn the tables.....imagine somebody telling you to stifle in on a subject you fely near and dear to your heart......what are the exact words you would tell them ;) (think about that a second)

Whether it's good Taxidermy or not, that is up to each individual to choose and say what they think.....but when they put those mounts in front of the camera to see, they did it just like they would in an NTA or state competition, they opened themselves up to the claws, not the grace of the taxidermy world and Mr. Knight is a smart enough man to know this industry and how its people act.....if he expected anything less then he was simply blinded by the financial possibilities.

I think Mr. Knight is a true assett to this industry, but if he or anybody else can't take the critisism they should not have taken the attention.

I love all of y'all, but i'm seriously sick and tired of all the BS over 1 show (a good show) and i'm even more sick of the lies being told to try and get you to shut up (like that CRAP John Janelli told George) that was a blatant lie....but what else do we expect..........this site does not have the power to influence one damn person at the History Channel, sponsor $$$$$$'s and ratings do, THAT'S IT! so stop the lies.

2. RDA

RDA Active Member

theres a taxidermy tv show!?? ;D

3. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

But Michael,........

But Michael, the network called me today and asked me what I thought of the show and said that MY ANSWER would determine the fate of the show. ;D

Kerby...

4. gab

gab Active Member

thank you Michael.Like many others on here,I respect and appreciate George,but he is reacting to this exactly opposite the way I would've expected him to react.

5. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Good write up Michael... Lots of good points made, how will they be taken? I guess it will be up to each individual..

Hoytman

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I for one am not going to drop the hammer on George for this. It was the phone call that got him disoriented IMO.

JJ knows who he can manipulate, and he is damn good at it. It pisses me off that George took the bait. He'll get his head clear and realize that he was hoodwinked. But, I do still believe we do need to show support of the show. Just not for the reasons that some have expressed.

7. If I eat generic "pop tarts" does that count? I think next week it will be a toaster strudel.

8. michael p.

I do not think ONE PERSON said that they did not support the show.......some just expressed comments about the work.
    If you really want to SUPPORT the show then you buy products from its sponsors!

9. I ate one of the kids brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts while watching it the other day.

10. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

pringles here

11. michael p.

Holy $hit kikkertinz that's a BIG deer in your profile!! NICE!!

12. richm

richm Only in Texas

I was only able to vote 342 times, is this thing rigged?

13. Damn Mike....this is the best post/poll yet. Keep up the good work.....LOL.

You do need to address the issue of vote rigging.....I mean the guy only got to vote 342 times....what's up with that ????

14. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

x2

15. CJN

CJN Member

Was on the brown sugar tarts for a while, now hooked on the cherry!

16. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

No poptarts but a homeade strawberry shortcake the other day. ;)

17. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Grape, all the way.....DC

18. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

I like Tater Tots!!!!!!!!!.

19. Brian

Brian Active Member

pizza here!

20. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Naaaa. Peanut M&M's ;D