1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

world taxidermy show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ALLAN, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ALLAN

ALLAN Member

I was looking today at the registration categories and all I found for a one day pass is $75.00 dollars for access to seminars and competion and trade show. All I wanted was competion and trade show. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by not offering a pass for trade show and competion only. I am not going to pay that kind of price to get into the trade show. I will buy a $10.00 pass for competion room and then go home.ALLAN

2. planting-cedar

planting-cedar New Member

It seems that the last one they had I went on saturday and did get a pass for the trade show and competition for $30 but I don't see that anywhere on there for this one so I guess I'm with you and also I guess the viewing doesn't start until 6 on Friday

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

everyone should call and complain to them.......i did....the trade show should be free....i can get the suppliers who are there's catalogs for free just by calling them....the auto show does not charge you an arm and a let to get in to see their new products nor should this venue..i can understand charging to see the mounts....that covers the public and everyone else....but the trade show should be free to taxidermists.....each supplier pays a premium for the space that more than covers the hall rental when they are all combined....nothing but a rip off from the industry

4. Guys I must agree,with gas prices motel costs,then paying to see the suppliers that is crazy.They need to understand that everyone does not attend the seminars.I would think the suppliers would want as much traffic as possible.I know my state show allows the public in for free to the suppliers,and the exhibits.Members pay for the seminars.

5. dartondude

dartondude New Member

if you want to play you have to pay. everybody that pays a registration fee including the vendors helps pay for all the convention space. in return they have access to the vendors area where there are discounts and specials and also no shipping charges if you take your stuff with you, so you can recoup some your registration fee, if not all of it. letting people in free is not fair to the people that pay to be there and support the show as such. if you just want to look ,do it on line ,if you want to buy and save money then registar for the show

6. dablaw

dablaw Member

Just got off the phone a few minutes ago with Breakthrough Magazine...You can get into the trade show when open on Saturday for a small 20.00 fee...This is only for sat. All vendors are required to stay the whole time and cannot breakdown early...They do not advertise this but just something they do on the last day....So for 10 bucks you can hit the competition veiwing when open on Friday, then hit the trade show for 20 bucks saturday...30 bucks total not a bad deal for a day or two away from all the day to day crap we deal with..I'm in......

7. Its also a tax write off just save receipts

8. Museum Man

trade show should still be free....the vendors spaces pay for the hall rental....the suppliers vendors area does not need to be viewed by the public.....charging for looking at the mounts is fine....

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

That's like complaining that I went to Disney land and had to pay full price to get in and I only wanted to go to see Mickey mouse. :D

10. Museum Man

your wrong....this is not disney land...it used to be one price to get into disney....it now costs different fees to get into each section of the park....thats what everyone bitches about there...doesn't look like you've been since the 70's........the last world show i ate dinner with the owner of research and jim allred and they both said they didn't even get extra passes for their bigger clients...if you compare this to any other type show that is put on across the country, i don't care if its an auto show or what, this show is run different...at the auto show i see all the new cars, i don't have to pay extra to see the supply industry for the cars, the tires, after market stuff, chorme extras.etc....again, i can get the suppliers catalogs for free...i just have to make a free phone call...

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Actually museum man, I've never been, but if I decided to go, I'd pay what ever they wanted.

12. Museum Man

but thats the point, everyone going to disney land is complaining about paying to get into each section just as they are here...hell you get to go everywhere at six flags, they don't charge extra for the water park....change only happens when people complain...

13. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Tables, chairs, backboards to put up and take down, a bit more than simply hall rental. You'll recoup the cost of admission by ordering products at the show discount rates that most vendors have. Business is business, if you wana play you gotta pay.

PB

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I had a guy bitch to me about how much they charge to go to a Red Sox game. He still paid the price they wanted. It costs over $250 for 2 people. I told him if he keeps paying to go, they will keep charging so much. The answer is simple, DON'T GO. :D
    Then he told me how much fun they had. So I told him I guess the price wasn't so bad after all ;)

15. Museum Man

i wouldn't go i'd watch it on tv

16. dablaw

dablaw Member

With the price they told me the space costs for the week I dont see how they can even afford to put it on..My God I was stunned at the price he told me...Guess I'm way out of touch with costs...It's just going top be a good excuse for me and the wife to get away from home for a few days so I'm looking at it from a different perspective I suppose....I think there will be alot more people pay the fees and go in than not pay...So the solution is if you dont like the fees I guess stay home...Only answer I can see...

17. Just look at what they charge the vendors for a table. The show should be free for the public then they could justify charging the vendors what they do. If I was to pay a fee to display my product I would want as many people to see it as possible. Nascar charges millions to sponsor their races but for us the sponsor charges the potential clients just to see our work.

18. coal39

coal39 Member

and you wonder why Taxidermist cant make money.

19. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

???

20. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Guys, do you think that this event can be put on for fresh air and water??? This is the premier taxidermy event of the year. If you can't afford to attend, then stay at the house. You will reap more knowledge here in a few days than you can figure out on your own in a decade. You are gripeing about spending $30 for the trade show and to view the competition!!! That's a whale of a deal!!! It will cost most of us well in excess of $1000 to attend this event.