1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

mounted in alaska

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by have dogs will travel, Apr 28, 2011.

1. I wondered as well. Guess we can just email them and ask. =)

2. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Instead of just watching on TV to show your support, how many of you go to the History Channel website and watch it there ??? U can guarantee they are counting how much website activity they are getting on their website for the show as well. I don't get this show here, so I watch it on the web after they post the latest episodes.

3. Diamond D Taxidermy

Diamond D Taxidermy I HAVE to grow old...I DON'T have to grow up!

It appeared to be dental acrylic and I think I understood them to say it was the same thing dentist use...my dentist ordered some for me a while back..works great to repair teeth with

4. I emailed Russ asking what he used on the fish teeth and this is what he sent:

Hey, so I was in the art store and found Acrylic Paste . Comes in many thickness and u can color . It was what I used to make killer spines on my King Crabs after molding before painting. Stuff work for seams as well on fish . If u can't find it I'll take a pic of can and send to u. Good luck
    Russ

I'm thinking the dental acrylic was what he used on the walrus tusks, to fill in the cracks.

Thanks, Russ!!! :)

5. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I know Epo-Grip has a product:
    Epo-Grip Fishtooth

A specially designed white tooth paste that allows the taxidermist to easily and quickly create teeth in a fish mount. Fishtooth does not droop or migrate when applied to the jaw area allowing both the top and bottom jaws to be worked at the same time. Cures in 3-4 hours.
    Product Taxidermy Uses: Use to create of realistic artificial teeth for fish and other small species jaw sets.

Fishtooth is sold in 4 oz unit.

Many suppliers carry just such products, and as Russ states, you can find Acrylic paste in art and craft stores such as Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and other art supply sellers on the internet. All you need is the common sense and gumption to look. This is not rocket science ... it's Taxidermy!

John.