1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ MAY 2011 Special Edition!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 2, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ MAY 2011 Special Edition!!!!!!!!

I typically start off with a Warm Hello form wherever I may be while I write this and today is a very different day so I wanted to start the Month in pictures with more of a though of reflection on this day. For any one who knows me personally I’m a deeply hard core patriotic person as this is how I was raised to be here in birth pace of our country’s sprit of freedoms as a New Englander! Our history as a country not only in New England is that of a people who live and die for freedom not only for our own citizens but for all who wish to not live under the territory and besotted fear of others who wish to oppress! I do not mean for this to take the intention or the inspiration of the post as it is and has been for 5 years but as I mentioned today is a special day.

I awoke to learn that one of the most evil humans to ever take a breath has meet justice by the hands of free and the brave. No one who lived through that time of 9-11-01 will ever forget nor will ever truly get over that somber day. It is irrelevant who is sitting in the white house as the leader of the free world as the day came when the news was delivered that the nearly 10 years of waiting for justice took place! It is and would have been the responsibility of any president to never rest a day or a night until this action was carried out. No wounds will heal because of this for the many of innocent men women and children who lost lives and continue to be at a loss due to the actions of this monster.

I would be lying to say that I did not cry for some time this morning as I feel an odd sense of relief and joy for the life that is no more. As a Christian and as a person it is against my personal beliefs that an eye should be meet with an eye. I believe we all have the responsibility to live a life worth living and with this said it is also just for those who lived theirs to make so many suffer through death and hardship for their own personal addenda. I know I’m not alone today in the rejoice and the deep reflection of this the day of Justice. I will say no more or take up any more space on the post but I will add this thought. Whether you are a citizen of the USA or a fellow taxidermist around the world who joins the numbers on the Taxidermy. Net each and every day it is here because we live in a free country with the beliefs that whether we agree or disagree with one another’s beliefs, values of even taxidermy work we all share in the family of artists who freely express the gifts we have with any one who wishes to take the time to do so. Today is a better day then yesterday if you believe in freedom and what it stands for in the heart mind and souls of the free. God Bless those who lost, those who suffer and for those who believe in freedom for all of us who rejoice today as one piece of pain is now and forever gone!

Off to the World Show with me and I hope to see many of you there!

As we are into the 2011 State show season I hope you all take advantage to attend your local state show to meet friends and to take in a few seminars to learn a thing or two to make your work more profitable or just a little bit more satisfying for you! I hope to see you all soon at the shows! Lets get this month start with the next chapter in inspiration for the fishheads who spend time at this posting on this tremendous web site!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start off this March recognizing those from all over the world who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past month’s pictures! Absolutely breathtaking art work!!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of May with not only a Talented Gentleman and a friend but also a survivor of Building # 2 of the World Trade Center, as it is know today Mr. Brian Noody of Long Island New York! Brian’s Story will I personal hope one day be put to pen and paper but I want to share some of this mans works today with you. Many would find it hard to recapture ones passion after such a event that changes so many lives but as Brian has told me it is the land, the water and the gift of life that still runs in his body that drives him forward to create! Please enjoy the work of Mr. Brian Noody!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in June!

So here we go and here is to a great April in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Nothing more then a frozen Skin ahead of an Icelandic Artic Char to be molded and fins that all had been in a freezer for 10 years.

[​IMG]

Brian made molds of the fins once they were dehydrated.

[​IMG]

The head is molded.

[​IMG]

The Body is carved from a custom template.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The skin and carved body are ready for a pedestal mount! No guts no glory!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounted!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian returns to finish and paint once dry!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Man has to eat too!

[​IMG]

Brian works on the final touches before scale tipping.

[​IMG]

This is the final picture until Brian returns with the beautiful base work for this fish!

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed the wonderful work of this Hero of mine!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Wow Brian what a save on the fish and a wonderful job. Here are a few I just finished. 31"
    Walleye and a 20" LMB skin mounts. Also a 12" Brook Trout I molded a few weeks ago. THe
    LMB had a 21" Northern Water Snake in it's stomach and the snake had a little snake in it's
    mouth. Jacked the mouth way open for a potential chase seen with a snake repro.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Rick, that is awesome!! Brian and Randy, those are some fine looking fish too!! Here is a largemouth that went home Saturday.

Attached Files:

4. Nice work to all of you guys and I wanna send a big HELL YEAH!!! to our Military for taking out that heartless bastard.

Now on to some fish. This is a piece I've been working on for a while. I call it the Daniels Project. I received these three fish that were caught back in the eighties and skin mounted. They were caught by three different guys but in the same boat together. Together they all weighed 38.8lbs. All caught in the same day. Well the mounts looked terrible and one of the guys wanted me to bring them back to life. So the best I could do was to strip them of their heads, gills and fins and replace them all with LCR replicas. So here they are before and after. All of them had there own different issues but this first bass was the worst of them all. During the head decapitation, it completely crumbled on me. It was filled with plaster and had become sooo brittle it just gave way. So it got replaced with a completely new replica.

Here is bass #1
    [​IMG]

During the crumble...
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Bass #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bass #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All together
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Manny

Manny New Member

Nice save Travis !

Im sure they were very happy ;D

6. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Nice work,Travis Awesome job.

7. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Wow Travis, awesome!

8. den007

den007 Active Member

Nice tune-ups on those bass! That one severe curve Archie body was easy to spot. Those jaws were stretched so far open, it makes me feel pain just to look at them. Nice styrofoam body on that one! Quite a good fix.

Here is a little project I am doing for a musky club award. They wanted a bronzed look in a 1/2 cast about 10 inches long. Modeled the fish out of Sculpey. Mixed bronze powder into the resin to make a cold cast broze. I want to try this in a lighter bronze and brass powder....looks too much like chocolate before buffing. The brown was really a beautiful pic to work from....caught out West.

Attached Files:

9. Pretty cool Den. Nice Bass Kevin and Travis that has to be my favorite restoration projects ever, nice job man.

10. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ MAY 2011 Special Edition!!!!!!!!

Heck yeah glad that freak is gone. Just hope his replacement isn't as followed.

Nice work all! Randy how big is that bass. I have found lots of stuff in bellies but yet to find a snake. And hope I dont lol

11. It was around 20" and don't go there man that snake grossed me out big time. You don't know how
    much courage it took me to pull that thing out and snap some pics of it.

12. den007

den007 Active Member

Randy, was that snake Texas rigged or Carolina rigged? Jeesh, that could havehad a painful outcome. How many times have you gotten stung by a treble hook while digging around fish gullets and guts? God I hate when that happens!

13. Not to mention ruining a new pair of shears. I hate when they leave the hook in them.

14. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

well here is just the last fish I will have for a few weeks...gotta catch up a few deer ...

arp replica I reworked the bottom half of the head to close the mouth up some.

another first this week..x2 I never did a speckle trout before, and these are the first of Jeffs eyes I have used in a fish. I have been painting a few in my spare time and getting closer to what I want. Still have a ways to go but the SL eyes are the only way I could get close to matching my reference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. bnoody

bnoody Member

Rick,

Thanks for the new set of tools you have given me and a friendship I cherish! It amazes me how much I learn every time we get a little time to play with some fish. I just wish the work schedule afforded me more time so I could see this project through from start to finish. As always I had a great time with you Kathie and Amber, it was also wonderful to finally meet the legendary Mountain Ed. Hopefully the next trip will allow me to bring this one to fruition.

Also appreciate your words around the death of Bin Laden. Nothing will bring those people back, but I must admit there is a little more closure knowing a little justice has finally been served. Everyone should make sure to take any opportunity to thank the men and women who serve in our armed forces to protect all of us and our freedom. So many of our troops have made unbelievable personal sacrafices for our great country.

A little over a year ago through some encouragement from Ken Edwards I actually wrote down my experiences on 9/11. It is the only time I ever wrote down what happened to me on that day. Ken posted it on the forum for anyone who is interested. Below is the hyperlink to the article:

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,172593.0.html

Now I need to get back to work on these competition fishes!

Have a great time at the world show Rick and anyone else attending.

16. 43 inch Northern Pike Caught in the Missouri River

Attached Files:

17. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Rick, thanks for the Special edition! Awesome work BrianThank you for posting your story.
    Killer fish guys!!!!
    Nice pike sd. I'll stick with this theme here's a customers late ice pike just finished. :)
    Jason

Attached Files:

18. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Great work everyone!

Attached Files:

19. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Joey, that is one great looking spec!

20. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Jason, your paint job on that pike is magnificent (totally natural and realistic). Congratulations on your knowledge, talent, and accomplishment.