1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey of the Month "May"

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by brettdef, May 2, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Here's my latest a singing ocellated tom. Still drying, not finished. My skin is thick, tell me what you see.

Love your paint job on the head BW. Aaron that 29-pounder looks like a tank. How did you get a body big enough?

2. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Buckb3, your bird looks great. Only thing I would suggest is the looking at your wing set. I can't see the side profile but the wing appears to be out of the pocket. Them birds do some weird things with there wings, maybe some reference photos will help. Your grooming appears to be good also. Good job.

3. brettdef

brettdef Member

All of you are right about giving critiques to others. I get several pms about this topic and I am always happy to give advice one way or another. However this thread is designed to be a place where anyone can feel comfortable posting a turkey whether its their first or their 100th bird I want people to feel good about their mounts if it is their first time posting and don't want to deter anyone from participating. In the future I will make it a topic in the opening thread of each month and let people know that if they want a critique on their mount to let us know and I think as John said it would be a great opportunity for all of us to pick up some knowledge. I will be glad to give advice to anyone that is open to it. I would also like to give thanks to Jeffc again on some nice birds and BW great job and I enjoyed our conversation yesterday as well and Aaron nice Job your birds have really improved over the past several months John your birds are always great and I really enjoy looking at them. I wish you would post a couple of them on the thread so everyone could see them without having to go to your site and buckyb3 you did a nice job on the oscillated as well. I was lucky enough to hunt these birds earlier this year and cant wait to go back in the future.

Thanks to all for bringing this topic up and lets see how we can do something to improve on what I think is a great thread. If anyone else has any other suggestions please let us know

Thanks Brett D

4. Birds Only

Birds Only Member

Come on Brett, I like sending people to my site. LOL.... To be honest, I haven't posted pics in a while and forgot how. I've been choosing the lazy way out. I will figure it out again and start posting some pictures. Anyone on here learned anything new (related to turkey's) in there mounting process that has made things better or faster for you on your mounts?

5. jt

jt Member

PA
    Thanks Brett, and congrats on your great accomplishment...again! Those 2 birds were in pretty bad shape when the customer brought them to me, but I did the best I could with them.

6. ed150

ed150 deer city time

mine for the month ;)

Attached Files:

7. brettdef

brettdef Member

John I think most people go visit your site just because your work is very good to say the least but it would be great if you could put a few pics here as well for everyone to enjoy. As far as learning new ways to improve time on mounting turkeys I have picked up little things from this thread that make mounting quicker and with this thread it always challenges me to do better and to help others.

Thanks for your contributions.

Brett D

8. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

I had to carve that one. I believe Boondocks might carry a form big enough ( Brett ? ) but this was a rush job and I didn't have a form on hand.

9. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

[​IMG]

10. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

ok here is 2 this time. The others aren't dry yet so they will end up in next months.

Attached Files:

11. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

The other one.

Attached Files:

12. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

here is one I was hoping to get, but never seen it again after taking the picture.

Attached Files: