1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

World Show watch for young DanielM....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by coonhollow, May 3, 2011.

1. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Last year I got a pm from young Daniel Meng (17) asking me for a ride for him and his mounts to the World Show everyone here has seen how talented this young man is and having a son interested in taxidermy I know how exciting it is for them to be involved in taxidermy. Although I probably shouldn't be making the trip for truck mechanical issues and finances ...I don't want to miss it for a few reasons one I promised Hunter and the other promising Daniel I think it is awesome the amount of time and energy he has put into learning taxidermy and was amazed with the number of pieces he has done for the event! enough for me to be bringing a 14 foot trailer! that's impressive.So if you see him say hello because I think everyone will know who he is when the Show is over. Cant wait to see his work and everyone at the show. Dan aka Psycho is nice enough to let us camp out at his place without him offering that we would be sleeping in the truck or trailer so Dan thank you! you have no clue how much we appreciate this..

2. Daniel sent me a sneak peek at one of his pieces and it was awesome unfinished!

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Daniel is an awesome young man! Can't wait to see him again!

4. Give him some lovins from me Mike! LMAO!

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

I said I was making the 09 show, and didn't. Now, I am missing this one. I hope to make the next one, it's been awhile. Daniel and a very talented artist, I look forward to meeting him someday.

6. You won't be disappointed Matt. He is a very respectful talented young man!

7. WFT

WFT New Member

Im with Matt, I said the same thing now I'm missing this one. I plan on being prepared for next year for sure. Would love to put an eye some of the work that will be at the show.

8. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Made it just a bit ago after 900 nonstop miles daniel is pretty excited! Im just happy to get out of the truck.lol he is a impressive young man.

9. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I've had the pleasure of talking and having a few dealings with DanielM.......a very fine young man with an amazing future as a taxidermist. I wish him luck.......although it may be his competitors that need some luck.

10. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

A few hours left to go to get Daniel and his pieces home both of the boys are fast asleep Daniel entered 7 pieces consisting of i think eleven mounts. Snow leopard-2nd place, clouded leopard pedastal 2nd place, cerval cat 2nd place, black leopard 3rd place, genet cat 1st place, bobcat 1st place, lynx 1st place. All entered in pro division and all if i remember right but 1 on carved or wraped bodies! We stayed til 9:45 last night so he could get Mr. Glen Browning to some photos of each and entry he did a great job! Daniel is a impressive and hunble young man i cant wait to see where he goes with his talent.