1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Why ya gotta be so mean ?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Madmitch, May 3, 2011.

1. I am new to this site as well. In my opinion there are alot of really nice helpful people and information on here. Takes a little time to find out some of the information you might be looking for, but I think 99% of the information is here. I have had alot of questions awnsered by people like George,Redwold,Bob W and have had good dealings with some as well. This is a great site and I am glad and proud to be a member of it.I hope to be here for as long if not longer then George. And hope the people on here keep putting good useful information that help us not so talented people that use there knowledge as guidance.

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I'm glad i never asked any questions on here :) ;) :D ;D :mad: :( :eek: 8) ??? ::) :p :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

3. linder

linder New Member

I shared the same opinion as you when I started on here that there were some ''HATEFULL'' ,''MEAN'' pepole on this site, got me afraid to ask anything but the more I came on here the more I found out that's not the case, I have never own a computer before and had never participated on any site before this one so I didn't know what all the littel box's were for didn't Evan notice them ,BUT after asking some quitions on here and getting chewed out for not going to the''SEARCH''box first, and then getting a HELPFULL answer I learned how this all works, some of these pepole may strike you as mean but I've learned more in the past year from this site than I could have imagined. also, made me try to think past my nose for when I do come across a problem , they say that if you don't want to be '' Criticized','' Ridiculed'' or ''Talked about'' then ''Say Nothing, ''Do Nothing'' and'' Be Nothing'' Don't take it all to hart and enjoy..

4. boss400

boss400 Member

Hell Id take a ass chewing anytime to learn something on here when i first started in 1976 we didn't have computers i ask a Taxidermist some questions and he said he would answer them for $1500.00. So newbies got to take the good with the bad. Like my dad always said son keep your mouth shut and people won't know how stupid you are

5. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Now see, My grandaddy was the opposite. He'd say - "Ain't no use being stupid,unless you're going to show it."

6. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

That explains a lot :D :D

7. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Pipe down up there ! @%&*# Bruin Fans :D

8. New Guy

New Guy New Member

When I read the amount of "free" information given by grade "A" taxidermists on this site, I knew it was a good site. When I read the ball bustin, ass chew in, constructive criticism, then I knew it was a great site.

If these crusty old _ucks with umteen years of taxidermy knowledge stopped contributing to this sight, guys like me would be fudged. So the next time someone tickles your fragile ego, please reach down and grab a pair then be thankful that they are willing to help!

9. ladyarcher726

ladyarcher726 2012: 1st & best of category

so I've been thinking about this topic, and here are todays thoughts...

lots of people wake up some morning and say "hey! I'm going to do taxidermy! it's easy money and simple work". So they come here and want to be spoon fed every step of the process, they do a few pieces, they suck, and they give up.

but, once you're here for a while, and you keep working, and you keep learning, and the community sees that you're not a dreamer but a worker, then things change a little... after a couple years on here I feel like I may have gained just a little bit of respect, cuz I keep asking, and learning, and taking classes, and going to the shows, and entering, and asking more questions, and improving. I'm serious about this, and perhaps it's starting to show.

but then again, maybe they'll tear me apart for this post, and if they do then great! have at it, cuz I have work to do! ;D

10. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I could be gone for years, come back for ONE day and it's just like a soap opera...some things never change!! LOL

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

That's true Bobbi, but the least you could do was BUY A NEW TRICYCLE. LOL Wherethehellyabin?

12. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

oh I've darted in and out occasionally...I'm still kickin!!

13. Sage

Sage New Member

Heh, I wondered the same thing when I first joined and read every thread in every forum a few times over the span of months, and still had questions. Thing is - if you want to be a professional taxidermist at some point you gotta be able to handle ruthless criticism and observations you didn't notice before to get better. The guys here- Red, George, Mr. T, and others - they all KNOW THEIR SH*T. They are some amazingly skilled folk. You gotta come with respect before these guys. Newbies with the same questions will wear anyone who's been around for a while out. Info's not free, it comes with being openminded and being able to handle what you get.

It's my take on it anyway. :)

14. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

George busted my rear a few good times over my years on here, but i garuntee you that you'll find down the road that it was for good purposes.

15. mossy923

mossy923 New Member

NY
    I have been coming to this site for about 6 years. I enjoy every min. of it. I have learned more then you will ever know. I dont post a lot, I just like to read. Use the search button, it will answer all your questions. This site is just like your work place, have fun with it, they bust your balls a little but dont be a fraid to bust back. Enjoy.

16. jimhow

jimhow Member

Well, just be careful of "RED"! he made me cry when he ripped my painted turtle!

Attached Files:

17. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Damn cry baby :D

18. The teachers I have ever had for anything that were the hardest on any student always seemed the best. I remember them the most as well. Thinking about it my father and grandfather taught me more than anyone, and may have been the toughest on me. What may seem to be a mean spirited answer will deffinitely be the one that you will remember..jmo

19. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I think to solve this problem, We should require new members to read all of the previous post before allowing them to post any Questions! Problem solved :mad:

20. snowhare

snowhare New Member

WELL SAID HERE , THEY MUST LEARN TO READ FIRST EH