1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My first attempt with Micheal P's tutorial

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by huntnut78, May 5, 2011.

1. Just my opinion, but I would rather focus my attention on the beautiful taxidermy work. The cape is really nice. I really like the look of the of the forum. The eyes and face are very natural and pleasing to look at. The finish work is excellent. Its a beautiful mount to look at but I think the habitat is a distraction.

2. WFT

WFT New Member

Thats on sweet looking mount!!! Great Job my friend. 8)

3. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I have not been doing work for customers all that long and am trying hard to make improvements on each one, as well as not repeat previous mistakes. I feel a lot of pride in finishing one that meets the standards of my peers. There are certainly some world class talents on here.

I understand what you are saying about the habitat being distracting. It doesn't look as bad on a plain wall, you will just have to take my word for it because I dont have any other pictures. There is a lot going on in the background of these pictures that might compuond that distraction factor. Believe it or not the guy who shot this wasn't even sure he wanted to mount it! He shoots some hogs and shot this one only because of its immense body size. I had to talk him into trying something different just to get him to mount it. Good for me!

4. DROPPINEM

DROPPINEM New Member

I cant stop staring at that last picture.That is an AWESOME mount!!I love the softness of the finish work.GREAT JOB.

5. What size is that form ?

6. WOW! That looks great.

7. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

It is a coombs Northern Whitetail Semi-sneak 7-7325L