1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Computer Software for taxidermy

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by planting-cedar, May 5, 2011.

1. planting-cedar

planting-cedar New Member

I'm new to taxidermy and was wanting to know what kinda software everybody uses to keep records for personal and financial uses for tax statements I thought of getting Tom McNeal's Taxishop has anybody got any feedback on this Thanks Dave

2. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

I haves used taxishop for the last 14 years and LOVE IT!!! Great program, great guy to deal with and your tech support does not speak with an indian accent! lol
    you will not be dissapointed!

3. planting-cedar

So I can keep track of the supplies and things that i purchase for tax records and all my customers information and also how is the reference libary/ Thanks for your input

4. planting-cedar

Is There anybody else that uses the computer to keep track or does everybody just keep it in a folder and at the end of the year hand it over to the Tax person?

5. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

i use taxishop as well. it gives you a complete break down of everything you enter based off category, as well as breaking down the mounts you take in by category. The reference section in my opinion isn't that great, but you can add to it with your own photos. The only thing you need for taxes that it doesn't do for you is a true profit loss statement, but if you can subtract your losses from your profit, you have that answer with one simple math problem. the program will print you a itemized list of all of your profits and all of your debts, just subtract one from the other. as far as efficiency goes.... you can't beat it.

6. planting-cedar

Thanks for your input